Re: Vorb Keeps Borking!

Postby cruiser on Sat 12/Jun/10 11:32am

I've found even when vorb is borking, you can get in through history links rather than going into homepage I go to latest posts or so.
cruiser
Member for: 5 years 7 months

Postby nagem on Sat 12/Jun/10 11:47am

cruiser wrote:I've found even when vorb is borking, you can get in through history links rather than going into homepage I go to latest posts or so.

Sometimes. :)
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 5 years 4 months

Postby Paul_Bags on Sat 12/Jun/10 3:24pm

Was down this morning for me too. The prevalent error was "connection reset".
Paul_Bags
Member for: 5 years 4 months

Postby Slapheid on Mon 14/Jun/10 1:38am

Hi there.
VORB just packed it in for an hour or so 0100hrs:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 78
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: common.php
LINE: 214
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_connect()

FILE: rez_display.php
LINE: 17
CALL: include('common.php')
Slapheid
Member for: 4 years 4 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 14/Jun/10 2:32am

:withstupid:
wuffy
Member for: 5 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Mon 14/Jun/10 10:48am

So for those interested. A quick update after a sad weekend for vorb :(

Upping the maximum number of connections (which would appear the obvious solution) has only served to make the problem worse.

It looks like we have stumbled upon a problem with phpBB3. Many other board have experienced the same symptoms. I have posted on the support forum asking for help, fingers crossed.

In the meantime you may have to consider doing other things like riding your bike. :crazy:

If any ones knows any really good LAMP programmers. I'd encourage you to get them to get intouch.
Rik
User avatarMedal
"Yeah, Vintage Baby!"
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby radiusq on Mon 14/Jun/10 12:10pm

Anything suspicious in the http logs? Have you tried using mysql profiler? http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/art ... filer.html
radiusq
"Zing-a-Ling-a-Ding"
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 14/Jun/10 4:34pm

BORK BORK BORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happybaboon
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby dented on Sun 20/Jun/10 11:33pm

I'd say that one was a doozie.
dented
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby MattV on Sun 20/Jun/10 11:48pm

Yes but in the meantime I was able to read an article on eating seaweed http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellb ... -scientist
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby stiffeeslicker on Mon 21/Jun/10 10:45am

A weird thing happens on my PC with IE8, each time I click on a thread topic, the page opens and then drops down right to the bottom (last post), which more often than not means I have to scroll right back up. Doesn't do this on my netbook with firefox 3.6. Any ideas? Only happens on Vorb, no other sites. :blink:
stiffeeslicker
"Intentional, apparently."
Member for: 5 years 0 months

Postby notanotherhillscoach on Mon 21/Jun/10 1:30pm

stiffeeslicker wrote:A weird thing happens on my PC with IE8, each time I click on a thread topic, the page opens and then drops down right to the bottom (last post), which more often than not means I have to scroll right back up. Doesn't do this on my netbook with firefox 3.6. Any ideas? Only happens on Vorb, no other sites. :blink:

The previous site admin heavily modified the phpBB code as Rik has aluded to earlier in this thread. The site, under the previous management, made few concessions to IE and typically ran much better on FF.
notanotherhillscoach
"take my advice, I don't need it..."
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 21/Jun/10 3:26pm

stiffeeslicker wrote:A weird thing happens on my PC with IE8, each time I click on a thread topic, the page opens and then drops down right to the bottom (last post), which more often than not means I have to scroll right back up. Doesn't do this on my netbook with firefox 3.6. Any ideas? Only happens on Vorb, no other sites. :blink:

Yeh, it's in your profile settings. Can't remember which buttons to re-set but it's easy to stop. I think it's to do with the quick reply window.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 21/Jun/10 3:27pm

PS. Vorb hasn't borked on me yet. I must have high priority access or anti-borking software.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby kneemick on Mon 21/Jun/10 5:44pm

Al_Bushman wrote:

I had this to - go into settings and turn off quick reply seems to sort it, or use different browser.

Re Borking - still getting the occasional one but now Norton 360 is saying that its a suspicious website so I have to tell Norton to ignore that and let me visit it anyways
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Conditions | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Public Notices | Road Cycling | Sifting | Trail Conditions | Vorb - Latest Posts