Vorb Finalist For Netguide Awards - Wins Hitwise Awards

Postby Tama on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:01am

2006 has been a good year for Vorb so far, with the site picking up the “Best Cycling Website” at the Hitwise Awards and getting into the finals of the Netguide Awards.

Vorb made it into the finals for the “Best Sports and Recreation Website” at the Netguide Awards – alongside www.allblacks.com and www.xsports.co.nz . The All Blacks took it out on the night but considering Vorb is an independent site run out of my spare room on a handful of loose change I’m totally wrapt with the result.

While the Netguide Awards were voted for the Hitwise Awards were simply measured by the most popular sites. Vorb was measured the most popular cycling website in 2005 by Hitwise, who analyse traffic through ISPs.

Of course there’s no way Vorb could of got either of these awards without you the Vorb viewer. I think all of you rock the Casbah (wherever the hell that is) and I’m extremely grateful for all of your support. There are some cool plans afoot for Vorb this year and it really comes down to time and money to see it all become reality.

Some of you may be wondering how far Vorb has grown. Well, here’s some pretty scary statistics:

In March 2006
34,800 unique browsers*
visited Vorb
96,700 times*
spending
15,400 hours*
looking at Vorb viewing
1,230,000 pages*
generating
14,600,000 hits
and downloading
65,000 video clips
which used
800 gigabytes of bandwidth

* These are all from Nielsen//Netratings Site Census so fully audited and do not include Mini Vorb. The server reckons there's been 66,600 unique browsers visiting 430,000 times viewing 5,100,000 pages.

Which means the we’re not alone :paranoid: - and there’s large amounts of lurkers out there who get pleasure from checking up news, downloading videos, getting event information, looking at photos – and reading us act like a park of mongtards in the forums. Hi lurkers!

It also bumps Vorb into the top 100 websites in New Zealand for the amount of time people spend online – which is fantastic! You’d be quite amazed to see the sites that Vorb beats in terms of traffic. One day it might even make money!

So on that note please give yourself a pat on the back for visiting and (hopefully) enjoying Vorb. We’ve only just begun…

Cheers
Tama Easton

P.S. If you’d like to reach 34,000 rabid mountain bikers advertising on Vorb is very cost effective – starting from $100+GST per month. Please contact Jim at www.vorb.org.nz/about-contact-advertise.html
tama_is_a_serious_guy.jpg
Tama receives Vorb's Hitwise Award in a very serious and solemn ceremony.
Last edited by Tama on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby dented on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:04am

I want some of what that guy with the glasses is taking!

good stuff T
dented
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:06am

Is that your replacement bodyguard for Babs? :eh:

We couldn't do it* without you, Tama. Thank YOU. :)

*hur hur
Oli
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Dazzle on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:08am

Looks like the sedatives are working. :thumbsup:
Dazzle
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby weathy on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:09am

YFY for Vorb :thumbsup: 34, 800 unique browsers is quite alot. Think of this Tama: what is 34, 800 multipled by $52?
weathy
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby SamultheCamul on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:12am

Well done Tama,
Thats a pearler of a photograph by the way!
SamultheCamul
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:13am

weathy wrote: YFY for Vorb :thumbsup: 34, 800 unique browsers is quite alot. Think of this Tama: what is 34, 800 multipled by $52?
$953? :eh:

I'll shut up now... :(
Oli
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby james on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:01am

I bet he was the only one to ride a bike, let alone a single speed to the awards. :cool:
james
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby skint on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:04am

Awesome news!
skint
"Mmmm. Cheesy toasted sandwiches."
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:08am

SWEET ASS!
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"

Postby fandangle on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:09am

that guy with glasses looks like he should be in a strap jacket....

oh... that's tama...

:D
fandangle
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:11am

You can even see to the right of Tama under 'sports' that www.vorb.org.nz is listed beside cycling :)
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"

Postby Timmy on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:12am

fandangle wrote: that guy with glasses looks like he should be in a strap jacket....

oh... that's tama...

:D

The other guy looks like a scaled down version of tony roberts (or robins. im not sure)

Well done tama!
Timmy
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Clarky on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:16am

I wonder where 'suitguy' has his left hand... :huh:
Clarky
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 7/Apr/06 10:20am

Wow! :cool:

Thats a nice hoodie that crazy guy is wearing, looks just like my Vorb one! :D

Well done that crazy guy, loving your work! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig