Where To Ride?

Postby charliehopkins on Sat 20/Dec/08 8:51am

Hi i'm coming to taupo/rotorua for a week over new years and don't know where to ride.
I'm very fit and love all day epic marathon type rides. I'm happy to sit on the bike for 3 -5 hours, enjoy fast tracks thought have a few technical skills also. I' on an XC so not keen for any jump tracks or super knarly roung sections... Wondering if some one could throw a few track names my way and i'll grab a map and hit them.. Thanks a bunch :) :p :blush: :satan: :eh: :cool:
charliehopkins
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby tall_erik on Sun 21/Dec/08 5:01pm

Wondering if some one could throw a few track names my way and i'll grab a map and hit them.

Sure. In Rotovegas, you can do some epic rides by stringing to together a bunch of trails. For example, you could ride the A Trail and Tickler to "the tap", then ride along Pipeline Road to the Lentil Link, up the back of Hill Road, then Frontal Labotomy, Billy T, then up Moerangi Road and down Loop Road to Split Enz, Pondy Downhill, Pondy New, Rollercoaster, Old Chevy, then up the flat part of Hill Road to Spring Roll, Sweet and Sour back to the "tap", then down either Dragon's Tail or Be Rude Not 2. From there, you could ride up the Pig Track and tackle Turkish Delight, then loop back and do the Soakhole if you still had anything left in your legs.

Lots of other options as well -- these are just some of the more XC-ish tracks. Other XC tracks worth checking out are Rosebank, Gunna Gotta, Grinder, Hot X Buns, Corners, G Rock and Bunny Jugs.

Hope this helps...
tall_erik
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby charliehopkins on Mon 22/Dec/08 5:57pm

wow thank ou ever so much that's extremely nice of you.. i can't waait
charliehopkins
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby tall_erik on Mon 22/Dec/08 6:31pm

wow thank ou ever so much that's extremely nice of you.. i can't waait

No worries -- I'm lucky that these trails are all in my back yard. Have a blast...
tall_erik
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Bay of Plenty | Clubs | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts