Labour Weekend Shuttles Up Ben Nevis!

Postby derekwinwood on Thu 16/Oct/08 8:36pm

Hey all,
Organising a day of DH shuttles up Ben Nevis tracks, next Sunday the 26th of October. Going to be a great chance for all those who haven't ridden up there to check it out and get shown down the best two tracks in the area, by a dedicated group of locals that dig and ride out there often. With the last round of the top of the pops races being held out there it will be a dry run for a truck up the road and turn around times. Going to have a bbq too, so bring some meat to chuck on and some tasty beverages..oh and 10 or so bucks for the vehicle hire. 2wd vehicles can cruise up to the first skid site to park.

Be good to know numbers for truck hire so leave a comment ah. :)
derekwinwood
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby derekwinwood on Mon 20/Oct/08 6:09pm

One truck comin so far that takes 10, If we don't know how many riders are comin we don't know how many trucks, so come on people let us know!!
derekwinwood

Postby physcho on Mon 20/Oct/08 7:56pm

sweet, im there.
i'll start spreading the word.
physcho
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby free_rider21 on Mon 20/Oct/08 9:34pm

If there is a decent turnout I could be keen to come and take some photos, but wont be riding.
free_rider21
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby phantasim on Mon 20/Oct/08 9:53pm

Me and my box of beer shall be there...
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Shuttle Day

Postby ReubenO on Tue 21/Oct/08 7:12pm

yea im keen count me in :)
ReubenO
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby sam_hills_the_man on Tue 21/Oct/08 7:43pm

hay i will be there it sounds mint
sam_hills_the_man
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby onyabike on Tue 21/Oct/08 7:58pm

free_rider21 wrote: If there is a decent turnout I could be keen to come and take some photos, but wont be riding.

dont forget to post a few
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby derekwinwood on Wed 22/Oct/08 7:41pm

Anyone depressed about this weather?? Meant to rain through to at least fri with sun clearing and mon good. So i'm thinking Mon might be last resort for this weekend. Well discuss at the meeting tomo night and i'll post here and let know. Stay tuned.....
derekwinwood

Postby derekwinwood on Fri 24/Oct/08 10:50pm

Unfortunately we gonna postone the shuttle madness to another weekend in the near future that decides to be hot and dusty. Bit gay but no one wants to ride all day in this crap. let you guys know!
derekwinwood

Postby TheJennings on Sun 26/Oct/08 8:27am

Hey Derek - sounds like a good day (rain or not). I'll check back on here to see when the shuttle is getting planned for, throw on some flats and some big ass tyres and I'm there. If your out over this weekend for a raz I'd be up for a spin. Dragged my ass up Fireball to do Turners on Tuesday and it was pretty much gone - or the top section anyway.
TheJennings
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Nelson MTB Club | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Upper South Island - Latest Posts