Advice On Buying Bike

Postby Dong on Thu 9/Aug/07 1:11am

hey...im pretty new to mtb and only ridden on trails few times...need sum help on buyin a bike.
ma budgets around $1500 and wanting a dirt jumping bike. will also ride round town quite a bit. currently lookn at Kona Stuff.
http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/STUFF/index.html
Any suggestions on this or other bikes?
will proly try buy a 2007 model near end of year to (hopefully) get a cheaper deal.
Last edited by Dong on Thu 9/Aug/07 11:11am, edited 1 time in total.
Dong
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby bikerjake on Thu 9/Aug/07 7:39am

the specialized p-series
bikerjake
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby reido on Thu 9/Aug/07 5:29pm

Or a Giant stp.
reido
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Stampy on Fri 10/Aug/07 6:25pm

you could look at getting a specialized p2 for about $1950 (retail) or something at the moment but in the next little while (a month or two) the new stuff will be coming out so that price should nicely drop to about your price bracket.

Also try and keep away from the konas cause they arent cool :D (someone had to say it)
Stampy
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby NzO on Fri 10/Aug/07 6:28pm

Stampy wrote: Also try and keep away from the konas cause they arent cool :D (someone had to say it)

:p
NzO
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Stampy on Fri 10/Aug/07 6:30pm

Actually that was a bit mean, i will explain. The biikes (the hardtails) themselves arent too bad its just the reputation of the kind of people that ride konas in NZ that just dont do it justice. (kona full sus however is a completely different kettle of fish)

Kettle of fish is a really strange saying.
Stampy
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby NzO on Fri 10/Aug/07 6:34pm

Stampy wrote: Kettle of fish is a really strange saying.

But could be called appropriate in the context.

I like it :D
NzO
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Dong on Fri 10/Aug/07 6:39pm

o ay? i always thought they were pretty sweet.
well il make sure to chek out the stp and p2
Dong
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Muzzy on Sat 11/Aug/07 6:57pm

yea get an stp1 its wat cooler coz it doesnt have the word kona on it, more people will like you
Muzzy
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby kiewan on Mon 13/Aug/07 11:14am

if you want a stuff get it quick as there are only a few left (i think two in hamilton and one or two in wellington) as for waiting for the 08 stuff they dont have the same frame as the cowan next year so probably wont be as good but probably will be cheaper. as for not being cool i say just try the different bikes and buy which ever one feels best for you, fuck what others think.
kiewan
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby kiewan on Mon 13/Aug/07 11:18am

also if you havent already taken up smoking you should, because apparently thats cool too.
kiewan
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts