N-duro Anyone?

Postby Golongtime on Sun 13/May/07 8:46pm

Anyone keen for first n-duro race on 27th.
15 or 30km in Rotovegas.
Golongtime
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RacerBoy on Tue 15/May/07 1:19pm

I'm keen to go. Have a 21st to go to the night before so it all depends if i can con my flatmate into giving me a lift down...
RacerBoy
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby reido on Tue 15/May/07 10:32pm

Depends how tanked i get as well.
reido
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Golongtime on Tue 15/May/07 11:10pm

Ah true.
Well i'm entered and heading down. Only got a little car to fit another bike and body in if anyone else is keen. You'd be helping reach the Kyoto protocol emmissions targets by reducing emissions,therefore slowing global warming (and help me bust up petrol costs a bit too).

BTW, moonride was awesome. Suffered a bit from lack of laps, but excellent event all the same. Looked like your couches were well used, and might comfy if I do say so myself! Turtle power!
Golongtime
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Muzzy on Wed 16/May/07 8:41pm

unfortunately due to dumb glange i dont think ill make it down, which sux, coz wud b the first race on my shiny new bike :D
Muzzy
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Stampy on Wed 16/May/07 9:18pm

i still cant believe you are getting a kona.............
Stampy
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Muzzy on Wed 16/May/07 9:19pm

hey you know graham actually has a kona and u dnt hassle hm, y must u torment me . . . . . . . . . . . . :crazy:
Muzzy

Postby Stampy on Wed 16/May/07 9:23pm

graham has a kona, and he is proud of it, you are not getting a kona and you are really defensive if someone calls it a kona therefore its heaps fun to hassle you about it. Ok then i will try think of something original to hassle you about..........
Stampy

Postby Stampy on Wed 16/May/07 9:27pm

Oh and back to the actual subject, i am really keen to do the N-duro races but wont be able to do the first one, got a certain 21st to hold. I will hopefully be there for the rest of them on some cool looking single speed. You see single speeds are better for the environment cause they use less metal by not having gears etc therefore preserving the earths natural resources, or some mumbo jumbo along those lines :D
Stampy

Postby reido on Wed 16/May/07 10:52pm

Stampy wrote: . You see single speeds are better for the environment cause they use less metal by not having gears etc therefore preserving the earths natural resources, or some mumbo jumbo along those lines :D

The technical term is a smaller ecological footprint.

its heaps boring.
reido

Postby Muzzy on Thu 17/May/07 9:42am

ah, but what about carbon footprints?????? ull make more normal footprints tho, pushing up all the hills :D
Muzzy

Postby reido on Thu 17/May/07 10:49am

Muzzy wrote: ah, but what about carbon footprints?????? ull make more normal footprints tho, pushing up all the hills :D

I wonder if bearings or bushings are better for the environment :eh:
reido

Postby Muzzy on Thu 17/May/07 10:53am

hmmm, id say bushings, not that im biased or anything . . . . . . less metal and stuff, more grease, and dont need replacing, unless they are manitou shock bushings grrrrrrrrr
Muzzy

Postby RacerBoy on Thu 17/May/07 11:06am

My bikes made by environmentally friendly hippies :)
RacerBoy
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby reido on Thu 17/May/07 11:43pm

Muzzy wrote: manitou shock bushings

I won't say it. :D
reido

Auckland | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts