Mtbnz Protection Guidelines

Postby MTBER56 on Fri 5/Sep/08 12:15pm

Found this on Wellington club forum remember guys these guidelines will be in place come Nats time and wont be enforced until you roll up for start so your responsibility to check as differs with age groups.

Mildie
Unsoiled

Posted: Fri 22nd Aug 3:21pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
I'd like to apologise on behalf of MTBNZ for the early release of this policy. There were some changes that needed to be made to it before it was publicly released.
And some of those changes will alter the tone of many of the concerns raised in this thread.
However, its been great to have a look at some of the feedback in this thread, but I'd ask that the negative ones please wait until the policy is finalised before letting fly.
And some background:
MTBNZ are pre-empting some heat from ACC with formulating this policy;
Armour clearly prevents a lot of injuries that we have to deal with at our Nationals races;
A lot of internal pressure has come on us to take a lead on this, from MTB Clubs (including DH Clubs) and a heap of people who really care about DH;
We can't sanction any longer racers in shorts and tee shirts racing National level events, or the high (avoidable) injury count we generally have!
BMX went through a similar process quite a few years ago, and for BMX there was a lot of public image associated with their decision to fully cover arms and legs - it didn't go down well with racers, but was certainly necessary. DH is in a similar situation and has been for some time.
For the young fellas out there, I've been involved with DH for I don't know how many years now, and this policy isn't about getting all officious or being 'over the top'. It's a big step to presenting our sport in the right light, and looking after the junior ranks on their way through to being able to spend many years in the sport.
You're all welcome to contact me directly if you like chris.mildon[at]gmail.com or 021 2309120 - I'm taking point on this for MTBNZ and don't have a problem talking to anyone about how it all fits together
MTBER56
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby rogan on Sat 13/Sep/08 7:40pm

when it says full arm and leg protection does that maen just long sleves nd pants or actual armour???
rogan
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Mtbnz Armour

Postby MTBER56 on Sun 14/Sep/08 1:23pm

rogan wrote: when it says full arm and leg protection does that maen just long sleves nd pants or actual armour???

Under 19,s they talking hard shell knee , shin and elbow even with long pants etc but nothin final yet so wait and see I guess.Elite have the least guide lines ,but was interesting to see a lot of riders runnin neck braces and similar armour at Canberra World Cup
MTBER56

Postby rogan on Tue 23/Sep/08 6:44pm

will akdh be inforcing these rules?
rogan
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Mtbnz Protection Guidelines

Postby MTBER56 on Wed 24/Sep/08 9:13am

rogan wrote: will akdh be inforcing these rules?

We will be insisting on full face helmet and knee protection at start of NIS and will adhere to MTBNZ policy after Nat rnds start any queries contact jamie@akdh.co.nz
MTBER56

Postby blancman101 on Wed 24/Sep/08 5:06pm

it seems resonable
blancman101
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Auckland Region | Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Victoria University MTB Club - Latest Posts