Trial Bulding And Bbq

Postby jamieinauckland on Sat 16/Aug/08 6:19pm

Some people have asked me where we're meeting next sunday

So here it is.
The corner of barlow rd and Ararimu valley road in the car park by the motorcycle club.
9ish in the AM.
map.png
jamieinauckland
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 17/Aug/08 7:18pm

Dammit, I'm on night shift!!!
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby AKDH on Sun 24/Aug/08 7:33am

I'm still going out, but if the weather stays bad the food will be put on hold
AKDH
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby demo9 on Sun 24/Aug/08 7:34am

ill still be going out aswell.
demo9
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby mudguard on Mon 25/Aug/08 8:05pm

Does anything get done on sat's? I'm free until cricket starts.
mudguard
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Mon 25/Aug/08 8:12pm

Stuff could happen, but just not with me. I'm stuck in a shop saturday.
I'll see what happens and who wants to step up for saturday work
jamieinauckland
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Mon 25/Aug/08 11:51pm

I'm trying to get out there as much as possible. I'll be there all day from 10:00am this Sunday (31/08).
ShoreBoy

Postby demo9 on Tue 26/Aug/08 4:55pm

i will also be out there ocasionally getting gorse stumps out of the ground. but not this sunday
demo9

Postby nmdher on Tue 26/Aug/08 5:20pm

If its an alright day I might be keen (this sunday) although I would need to be shown or told the location of the track.
nmdher
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 26/Aug/08 6:04pm

Sweet, feel fee to come along!! I'll be there at 10, rain or shine. going to be trying for most Sundays, and a few midweek as well until it's done.
ShoreBoy

Postby nmdher on Thu 4/Sep/08 6:57pm

ShoreBoy wrote: Sweet, feel fee to come along!! I'll be there at 10, rain or shine. going to be trying for most Sundays, and a few midweek as well until it's done.

you weren't there! (I don't think), anyhow I had an ok ride and built a little line. So where exactly is the track AKDH was working on and how much has been done?
nmdher
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby demo9 on Thu 4/Sep/08 8:48pm

its hard to explain the where abouts of it. where did you build a new line?
demo9

Postby ShoreBoy on Fri 5/Sep/08 11:29am

nmdher wrote:
ShoreBoy wrote: Sweet, feel fee to come along!! I'll be there at 10, rain or shine. going to be trying for most Sundays, and a few midweek as well until it's done.

you weren't there! (I don't think), anyhow I had an ok ride and built a little line. So where exactly is the track AKDH was working on and how much has been done?

I certainly was!! :) We had the key and drove in, there was a silver ute with "B & N Bos Contracting Ltd" on it, parked up by the start for about 4 hours or so.

The track is as per the map above, it goes pretty much right from the highest point of Barlow Rd west towards Strip Rd. We've got a fair bit done, but haven't finished cutting yet. No benching or shaping has been done, we want to cut the whole way first. It needs to be done by October 28/29, for the NZ Police Association DH race (which is what it's being built for, with the help and support of AKDH), so we're going to up the pace a bit.
ShoreBoy

Postby demo9 on Fri 5/Sep/08 6:24pm

anybody keen for this sunday maybe?
demo9

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 7/Sep/08 3:53pm

Working today, I'm afraid.

I'm going to be out there on Tuesday morning, if anyone's free.

Next Sunday (the 14th), we will be out there all day, from 8:00am, rain or shine. The deadline fast approaches, and there's still a shitload of work to be done.

If anyone is willing to help, it'd be very much appreciated. I'll be sure to let everyone know the dates I'll be there, and if you can come along, that'd be awesome.
ShoreBoy

Auckland Region | Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Victoria University MTB Club - Latest Posts