Re: Whangarei Rides

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 4/Apr/10 5:58pm

hude wrote:CRAP I hate missing a good day on the hill.
Nice Rollercoaster shot of Sorin

you reakon that is good you should have seen the shot we missed of Sam, holy crap it was high, may have it on video thou hiopefully get it posted in the next couple of days
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 15/Apr/10 5:58am

Some helmet cam footage from last weekend, first time so be nice any pointers you can give me to make the vids better would be appreciated, i know i need to have the camera up more and watch my following dist but anything else woud be a bonus...... Parahaki trails were the Motorway ( partly revamped) tunas tail, roller coaster and lower Taniwha
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby madpete on Thu 15/Apr/10 7:50pm

what type of video camera you using dan?quality very low which is half the issue.
tilt the camera up a bit , and remember to keep your head movements "fluid" (slow and smooth).
basically when following riders try to keep them in the screen shot, this takes a few runs to get used to (depending on your riding style) but like everything it takes a bit of practise to get it correct. :thumbsup:
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 15/Apr/10 9:56pm

heh Pete yeah the quality is low due to the compression, the first version that i wrote off came out at 932MB, dont think Tama will be keen on that hahaha, so i compressed it down to 35Mb hence the low quality, i got the framerate at 25fps but the screen size is smaller....bit of a comprimise really.. the head thing yeah need to keep my eye on the person in front more and be smooth, i had figured that much from watching, and the camera up its touch and go but hopefully the next time i will get it about right and trying to stay back on tunas tail is hard as hell..... hahahaahaha

countdown on form :p :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 2/May/10 1:01pm

Average ride for me today, couldnt hit the gap for some reason but oh well, next week.....
myles gap 3.jpg
Myles jump 3.jpg
Myles on the gap.jpg
Big up's to Myles on this one, he had a couple of run ins on the table and then he hit the gap, awesome effort "Freshman"
quinsta flatty attempt.jpg
Gutted this wasn't over the gap but oh well head in the wrong space
Sam gap3.jpg
sam gap 3.jpg
Sam cranking as always on the hardtail..... awesome effort dude
Sam motorway gap3.jpg
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 30/May/10 11:26am

Pics from todays Chute reopening...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. The photos are average due to the slickness of the trrack once she dries out you will be able to lay it over more :sly:
Myles Chute.JPG
myles back into it after crashing
Sorin Chute 2.JPG
Derka derka derka its MATT DAMON
Quinsta Chute 2.JPG
Sorin Chute.JPG
MATT DAMON!!!!
Quinsta Chute 3.JPG
Lean it over ya pansie
The_Quinsta

Postby onerahi on Sun 30/May/10 6:41pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/waatz#p/u/10/CfOGEq7pkNQ
its grown a bit, me and yanga after we built it.....man i rode like a kook.
onerahi
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 30/May/10 7:13pm

onerahi wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/waatz#p/u/10/CfOGEq7pkNQ
its grown a bit, me and yanga after we built it.....man i rode like a kook.

hahaha Nah you rode sweet man we all gotta learn somehow eh, yeah its grown big time having issues with the gorse growing so hard out , hopefully a wet winter will give us ample time to get on top of the gorse and get some nice riding tracks :thumbsup: .. Good to see you on here ..Howsthe track out at manga going ??
The_Quinsta

Postby onerahi on Sun 30/May/10 7:48pm

not building much, riding in woodhill and the dome on the odd day.
will come up for a ride in winter.....
onerahi
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 30/May/10 8:18pm

Yeah let us know, will hopefully get it on a fine weekend :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby funky_monk on Mon 31/May/10 9:55pm

went for a ride on the chute today 1st run rode it like a pussy 2nd run i pined it :satan: carried my speed arround the burm nice got the hip and the and the little jump sweet and then it was time 2 slow down for the last burm and you know the thing called traction between the tires and the ground well there was none i got off the brakes and i was back in control but going way to fast to make the turn so i went strait over it but i didnt have time to get ready for a jump and my weight was to far forward so i did an endo landed hard on the front i went straight over the bars and into the the prickels thank god i didnt land on all the gorse stumps there. I then went for a ride down tuna braked crashed then tried a run down rezzy braked crashed. what lesson did i learn today you cant ride on the hacki in the wet :hmmm: or dont brake anyway or you will die :lol:
funky_monk
"all work and no play make jack a dull boy"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 1/Jun/10 6:06am

Bwhahahahah Derka derk a MATT DAMON..

Oh thats no good Matt, yeah its pretty shitty when wet but you get used to it after a while and its not so bad , but id still rather ride in the dry :sly:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 25/Jul/10 8:19am

Vid from yesterday , its only off the phone so quality is down but it was on the spot idea, one day we will have all the scrub cleared so you will be able to see more of the track and rider but you get the general idea..
The_Quinsta

Postby madpete on Sun 25/Jul/10 7:25pm

by the big splash half way down, i take it there is still the odd wet spot...on the track dan :lol:
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 25/Jul/10 7:44pm

yeah , prob a puddle bout 2-300mm deep and about 1m wide to 2.5 long, came across it onm my first run then told Myles to film me, so i had a run at it got to the bottom and he said he had no space on camera.. lol so i grabbed mine and we went back up so i got to hit it twice, got slowed up loads thou but it created a mean run :D, so it wasnt a big suprise....hahaha and the drop into Roller Coaster was mint hit it pretty fast landed well but was preety far over due to the speed and ended up back braking to get back on track , gutted cause the jump would have been huge :hmmm: oh well
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts