Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 2/Mar/13 6:57am

Build today, around 9 this morning, more clearing and spraying!
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 16/Mar/13 9:40am

Build today up round Tuna's and Motorway, Signs, and Spraying, bring a backpack sprayer ...3pm :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 23/Mar/13 6:47pm

Build tomorrow, Motorway, fix the middle jump bridge, clear some of the gorse down the hill , round 2pm..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 1/Apr/13 8:31am

Build today around about half 1, 2 pm
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 11/May/13 9:46am

Been a while, Build today round the Pound and Chute, track and jump rebuilding, will look at rebuilding the the chute drop and the berm..! the carpet is coming away at the top of the chute.. will post some update photos too hopefully..!
bout 2pm , gate will be open
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 18/May/13 8:06am

Build today on chute , finish off the berm, then rebuild the hip jump and add in a bypass berm, then onto the Tuna's link gap..! 3pm
:thumbsup:

Awesome effort today from Rinny and I, got the berm packed out ready for some runs to gauge where we need to make adjustments, then set about rebuilding the Hip and adding a bypasss line into there as well.
Got 2 panorama shots that i will put up but they look rough, but yuo get an idea, will get some better photos soon
PANO_20130518_171816.jpg
From the berm exit to the rebuilt hip, have added nearly 400 to the top of the old lip and made the centre piece a gap
PANO_20130518_171902.jpg
from the bottom of the hill into the berm, made the incline of the berm steeper to allow for the speed to hit the hip
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 25/May/13 7:50am

Build today, round the Chute again, Slasher broke last weekend so will hopefully get that back in action today, can then clear out the bypass and around some of the trees so they can get their grow on, it is supposed to be pissing down so we will look into the next section of track , clearing and getting it ready to build out..!

Half 2pm..!
:) Will get some better photos too!

Great build today, cleared all along the sides, really open now, plenty of room for growth ..! stoked with the outcome :thumbsup:
IMG_20130525_163332_0.jpg
IMG_20130525_163346_0.jpg
IMG_20130525_163410_0.jpg
IMG_20130525_163432_0.jpg
IMG_20130525_163446_0.jpg
The_Quinsta

Postby hude on Sun 26/May/13 9:27pm

Yo its looking good Dan,
SPent 4 1/2 hours on the spade today at Mangas forest with the crew. 350mtr of sweet native single track bermed and ready to ride, Got a blister on my thumb!
hude
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 27/May/13 6:04pm

hahahaha, blister, that's from the lack of gorse.... Yeah we have got on top of the gorse now so this winter is all about rebuilding jumps, drops and berms, still clear some more gorse too but just a bit more track dedicated now which is awesome taken me so long to get here, now to stay on top of it all..! Trees are growing tall too Pines around lower Taniwha are up to 5-6 metres or so..! .
The photos don't do it justice really, they were off the phone , forgot the go-pro..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 31/May/13 6:38am

Build for Saturday, bring your bike, we will be testing the Berm and reshaping, and testing the hip and bypass lines too....2:30pm

Well the new Hip is awesome, the berm is still a bit soft, but with some runs on it , it will bed nicely, the hip has good lift, and is nicely sized for the speed that you can now carry out of the berm, Did some runs, got some vid's, then cleared the base for the next section project
GOPR1299.JPG
main line down on the left, with the new Gap entry on the right, will leave the rutting in the front to keep the line honest
GOPR1300.JPG
the view of the ramp and lander area, should be good
GOPR1301.JPG
From the Hip down to the next berm
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 7/Jun/13 9:27pm

Build tomorrow, Chute , working on the foundation of the Track Gap/ Tuna's link track need some spades...! half 2

Good build today, got the rest of the loam cleared back to clay, dug the start of the drainage into the inside berm, and for the new berm. got the some of the clay into position for the new berm and got the posts set for the ramp, The main chute track berm has had the track angle dropped, and we will cut more out of this as we go. going to be tight and fast but should be a heap of fun this new section!! ;) Cheers to Liam for turning up and helping out, always makes a difference with more hands :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 13/Jun/13 8:42pm

Build this Saturday, from about half 11 onwards, give the link track a good kick, will post some photos up too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: bugger the rain thou..! :cry:

Well the weather held up and we got a big pile of work done, Cheers to John for turning up and lending a hand, made a huge difference..!
Got the basic line of the landing and berm roughed out and cut back to clay, next week we can build this all up and have it nearly ready to ride
GOPR1305.JPG
Entry to the new Link track
GOPR1306.JPG
prebuild of the berm and ramping
GOPR1307.JPG
the reshaped berm to the motorway (this will get more shaping over the build)
GOPR1308.JPG
looking from the ramp to the lander and berm, land rightside of the pinetree and hook right over the motorway with another gap jump
GOPR1309.JPG
the middle of the berm looking towards the Tuna's entry... ( anybody know the guy on the right..?) hahah
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 21/Jun/13 4:59pm

Build tomorrow, hope to cut the berm out and get some ramps built...! 3pm, maybe half 2...!

Good build today, cheers to Liam for turning up, managed to remove the last stump in our way, fit the posts for the motorway gap, then clear and build up the landing area.
have also looked at changing the "Y" intersection of Tuna's making the entry more suited for the extra speed..! going to be fast..!
IMG_20130622_134141_0.jpg
Storm damage, bit of a bugger these trees were in a good spot
IMG_20130622_162615_0.jpg
looking from the ramp to landing
IMG_20130622_162635_0.jpg
looking from the berm centre to Tuna's
PANO_20130622_162730.jpg
Pano of the link track..!
Last edited by The_Quinsta on Sat 22/Jun/13 6:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Quinsta

Postby JPinTuts on Sat 22/Jun/13 5:40am

Down in Auckland for the weekend Quinsta, so no show from me sorry. Able to put some time in midweek so if you need some clay moved to pack the timber jumps..............

cheers John
JPinTuts
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/Jun/13 6:56am

JPinTuts wrote:Down in Auckland for the weekend Quinsta, so no show from me sorry. Able to put some time in midweek so if you need some clay moved to pack the timber jumps..............

cheers John

No probs man... :)
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts