Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 15/May/10 3:06pm

Build tomorrow , motorway / chute 8 am .... will mostly be clearing ..
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 16/May/10 10:32am

Good build today got the rest of the gorse cleared and got the joining track for the Chute - Tuna's Tail cleared out ( gonna be good as), next week we should have some more gloves i hope so we just need to dump all the gorse most of its in piles so should be quite quick.... Sorin will be posting up some photos of the sections soon..
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby G on Mon 17/May/10 10:12am

Hey, not sure if you had pitch forks with you out there but they almost negate the need for kick ass gloves. they're much better than normal rakes for throwing cut stuff 'over the top' and away.
your local M10 or PGG should have them...they save a shed load of time and splinters

Cheers
G
G
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 17/May/10 7:44pm

G wrote:Hey, not sure if you had pitch forks with you out there but they almost negate the need for kick ass gloves. they're much better than normal rakes for throwing cut stuff 'over the top' and away.
your local M10 or PGG should have them...they save a shed load of time and splinters

Cheers
G

Cheers for that idea G, i hadn't actually thought of it .. I tend to like the gorse piles in set spots thou not strung out along the trail, also i look at it , If the gorse is in one spot then that should be where it will reseed so if i have it in piles then the gorse is going to regrow in the surrounding area, not along the trail where i am trying to clear. Besides some of our gorse is bloody massive now and its almost chainsaw time rather than slasher it......
But thanks for the idea thou might look at getting some anyway, so we can chuck it into little bunches for transporting, might be easier :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby madpete on Mon 17/May/10 9:14pm

G wrote:Hey, not sure if you had pitch forks with you out there but they almost negate the need for kick ass gloves. they're much better than normal rakes for throwing cut stuff 'over the top' and away.

Cheers
G

yeah i've never seen gorse grow so damn fast....Northland humid weather, one season and the gorse is head height and wrist thick...and damn those splinters hurt!!!
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/May/10 6:50am

Supposed to rain again toorrow but dont be scared boys :p , clearing gorse for the chute joining track . Sorin should have the gloves so we can mow it hard to the power of 15%GST rise
The_Quinsta

Postby bmx.kid1 on Sat 22/May/10 6:10pm

do you think the dog pound will be wet much. church wat tools shoul i bring you filthy native. :p :p :p
bmx.kid1
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/May/10 6:27pm

bmx.kid1 wrote:do you think the dog pound will be wet much. church wat tools shoul i bring you filthy native. :p :p :p

you will need a spade and rake , i was going to give you the great job of rebuilding the hip on the chute :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby bmx.kid1 on Sat 22/May/10 6:31pm

mhm redspade. you think the dog pound will b e ridable
you dirty porch monkey
like the hip at the end ox of this one... look how fuckin high he goes off the lip at 4:04 crazy crazy watch whole video good shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1WoE8M_oQU
bmx.kid1
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/May/10 6:54pm

bmx.kid1 wrote:mhm redspade. you think the dog pound will b e ridable
you dirty porch monkey
like the hip at the end ox of this one... look how fuckin high he goes off the lip at 4:04 crazy crazy watch whole video good shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1WoE8M_oQU

Yeah sort of but it will be a table as well, its just a basic rebuild the face and landing..... but the jumps in the first shot of that video , that is what i want the dog pound to look like, very nice.... Dog Pound should be ridable, good day today and a bit of wind should be ok, but there will be some slush in the low areas of the jumps id say...!!!!!!!!!
The_Quinsta

Postby funky_monk on Sat 22/May/10 7:53pm

:angry: stupid cows i want to build trails in the rain. Hey i asked the boss if i can build a track up in his block of pines and its all good i got monday & tuesday of so im goin to head up and make a start :satan:
funky_monk
"all work and no play make jack a dull boy"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/May/10 8:11pm

hahahaha Cows, awww thats sweet man, when do you think you will be up the Haki??
The_Quinsta

Postby funky_monk on Sat 22/May/10 9:00pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa let me see most probly american independence day haha its a crazy roster 8 days on then 2 off but it might change before then
funky_monk

Postby funky_monk on Sun 23/May/10 9:26am

na sorry i cant count days properly :hmmm: june the 13th is my next sunday off :satan:
funky_monk

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 23/May/10 11:36am

Oh sweet Matt, everybody was there today pity you missed out but here are some photos.....

Awesome build today pretty much had the whole build crew there today , we have cleared all the loose gorse ready for the digger, Dave has started to rebuild the hip after the berm, we managed to get the steps up the side of the chute cut out so you can walk up now, have pulled the carpet up and started to reface the drop and next week we will start filling in the holes and the nasty bit at the bottom to make it nice and smooth, the area for the Joiner track to the Tuna's Tail is looking mint, we just need the digger in there now to finish off the motorway gap and structure and dig out the bits for the new part of the track..
Chute, partial rebuild.jpg
the chute getting made slightly wider and smoothed out, we will have astro turf laid down on this to keep the face together better too
Chute hip Rebuild.jpg
The Hip lip is rebuilt slight bit more lift than before , will flatten teh top off and build the landing better too
Chute Branch off to Tuna's Tail Joiner.jpg
The joiner track to Tuna's Tail will strat onm the right hand side after the pine or so and have a small gap to gap over the berm of the chute, the berm of the chute is going to be made wider for more flow onto the motorway and will dropped down to make it a almost wallride type berm ( very steep and fast). This will produce some mint photos this part im hoping!!!.
Chute track Gap to Tuna's Tail Joiner.jpg
the track will be to the right of this stump and over the track----
Joiner track Gap Landing to Motorway Gap.jpg
----leading into a sharp steep right hand berm to gap over the motorway, this is going to be quite tight and technical but should be lots of fun!!!.
Joiner track to Tuna's Tail.jpg
The gap ramp will be between the Pine (on the right) and the stump (on the left) and will be brap brap brap to the right of the pine on the otherside, and it wil then drop into the existing berm on Tuna's Tail at the moment , this will made steeper and higher to as the entry speed will "hopefully" pretty fast
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts