Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 15/Nov/09 11:25am

Meanbox build today got the watertank ramp reinstalled and had a few runs in on it , feels awesome..will look at hitting it for the first time :thumbsup: Sorin got his one outta the way and hit it up pretty well, Hude rebuilt the little ramp which leads into the track right next to the Structure, its made the whole flow of the jump way more hittable than it was before, got some more signs up for the Dog Pound, vendetta, and taniwha, and scoped out a drop and seesaw line for Roller Coaster will look at starting work on that next week, also will be clearing up the entry into the Watertank ramp (the overgrown existing line)

EDIT: Whoops forgot to put in the photo of the jump on the side :blink:
Water tank Ramp rebuild.jpg
Looking at it front on, the run in is not cleared but even coming in on a bit of an angle is not a problem
Watertank Ramp Side.jpg
We have dug out the clay and old wood that was holding up the ramp befor and layered the base with gravel, the i have added some pegs to allow people to slide the ramp back or forth in order to get their desired distance for the gap, i was suprised at how well it actually works, have also rebraced the planks on the structure too aas they were starting to give under the weight
Vendetta Sign.jpg
No Comment!!!!
Taniwha Trail Sign.jpg
Lower Taniwha Entry Jump.jpg
The jump to the side of the structure, way better than before
Last edited by The_Quinsta on Sun 15/Nov/09 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sun 15/Nov/09 12:15pm

Yee was mean build today, both the new jumps feel nice to hit.
Hudey got sum good shots 2.
New line up by rollercoaster gana be a ripper (might have to put my seat back on for that one :lol: :p roflcotper)
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby madpete on Sun 15/Nov/09 5:25pm

so Sorin is Dan still chicken shit on the jumps? opulling out at the last second? Don't pull out Dan, you won't get it pregnant!!!

shit that jump looks so well built, it should be part of someones house deck!
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby dienamics on Sun 15/Nov/09 5:59pm

Hmm I didnt get out of bed till 9, but I had a look at the ramp. Looks pretty sweet
dienamics
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 15/Nov/09 6:42pm

madpete wrote:so Sorin is Dan still chicken shit on the jumps? opulling out at the last second? Don't pull out Dan, you won't get it pregnant!!!

shit that jump looks so well built, it should be part of someones house deck!

No i have alot more confidence thankyou Pete, i know i can clear it but i just chose not to today.. it will be next week!!!!

but thanks for boosting my confidence like usual :p

and i can get it pregnant i have very good swimmers :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 15/Nov/09 6:49pm

dienamics wrote:Hmm I didnt get out of bed till 9, but I had a look at the ramp. Looks pretty sweet

It is man feels real nice, from memory the old one didnt have the same flow up onto the platform it always felt a bit more kicky (word?) this has a real good feel and transfer to the platform and it gives you the ability to hit it with more speed in a few of the practices i nearly ran off the end :huh: so should of hit that but oh well Good things take Time (eh Pete (Big Mumma)) :p
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 15/Nov/09 6:51pm

hahahaha just checked the number of views and the Sorin photo has more views than the other photos bwahahahaha
The_Quinsta

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sun 15/Nov/09 9:33pm

The_Quinsta wrote:hahahaha just checked the number of views and the Sorin photo has more views than the other photos bwahahahaha

Damm right Dan, if u hit the drop first time ud b up in there 2 hahahaha ;) ;)
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby hude on Mon 16/Nov/09 8:15am

:)
RRM 165.jpg
Sorin taking advantage of no seat. Hmmm
RRM 160.jpg
Dan giving the little one a roll
hude
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Mon 16/Nov/09 8:45am

Looks good guys. And that scrub has really grown in the last few years.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 16/Nov/09 5:02pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Looks good guys. And that scrub has really grown in the last few years.

Hell yes but watch out Dec 3rd (Quinsta's brithday) have the whole day off so i am spending it with my slasher, Petrol and 2 stroke oil.... muahahahah, going to have a clearing day of the main crossover areas and easy sections to get into, also hoping to clear out the Old Black trail (the old trai;l that followed the road and went into the 3 big jumps :sneaky:

fuck my jump looks shit , that was the first one wasn't it?? Nice shot of Sorin thou, look for some better photos next week
The_Quinsta

Postby Lankyguy on Tue 17/Nov/09 2:41pm

The_Quinsta wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Looks good guys. And that scrub has really grown in the last few years.

Hell yes but watch out Dec 3rd (Quinsta's brithday) have the whole day off so i am spending it with my slasher, Petrol and 2 stroke oil.... muahahahah, going to have a clearing day of the main crossover areas and easy sections to get into, also hoping to clear out the Old Black trail (the old trai;l that followed the road and went into the 3 big jumps :sneaky:

fuck my jump looks shit , that was the first one wasn't it?? Nice shot of Sorin thou, look for some better photos next week

ah where bouts does it start? and ur photo is rood!!!!
Lankyguy
""RAISU" always keen for a ride"

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 17/Nov/09 9:12pm

Thanks..... just for that im not telling you will have to wait and see :p
The_Quinsta

Postby hude on Wed 18/Nov/09 7:45am

New line into rollercoaster to left of existing kicker.
Will roll into 3m gap then step down ramp from stump and back into existing track.
RRM 167.jpg
entry line
RRM 170.jpg
hude

Postby Lankyguy on Wed 18/Nov/09 10:59am

The_Quinsta wrote:Thanks..... just for that im not telling you will have to wait and see :p

:exclaim: haha fine then :p
Lankyguy
""RAISU" always keen for a ride"

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts