Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 7/Jun/09 12:49pm

Awesome build today thanks to Dave and Sorin, got the Tuna's Tail trail cleared and tidied up a bit, will be looking at cleaning it up more over the next coupe of weekends, trail is a bit wet but once we get some drains in it will stay dry a lot more, going to add some jumps along the way and also bank some of the corners up to carry speed..... :thumbsup:

New line next to stepdown is died off pretty quick due to the slash, so i will be giving it just a bit more of a clear next weekend and then in a couplre of weeks we will start building on it. Hopoefullly be loooking at getting some more wood in the next cou[ple of weeks so we can start building some more ramps etc for the drops on Taniwha.

Sorin and i had a ride in on the new entry to Taniwha, it's bloody fast now and even the bypass line is an awesome ride just due to the amount of work you need to do with the bike to get thru without problems, i found myself nose manualling in the middle just to stay on track, awesome fun will look at getting some photo's when we session it next.>!!!!
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dirtjumper08 on Wed 10/Jun/09 8:41pm

whats the plan for sunday ? :)
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 11/Jun/09 5:57am

Working on Tuna :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby hude on Sat 13/Jun/09 2:27pm

Jolly Good.
see you at the gate at 8
hude
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 13/Jun/09 4:09pm

Wahey yeah boyee
The_Quinsta

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:35pm

Looking forward to build 2morow guys.
Got tha new New World Disoder mtb dvd and nz mtb dvd 2day.
Sum super crazy shit in NWD!!!!!!!!!!, watched first dvd b4 and saw sum sweet trail ideas lol.
C u at 8
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby madpete on Sun 14/Jun/09 9:37am

throw sum RBs on it wrote:Looking forward to build 2morow guys.
Sum super crazy shit in NWD!!!!!!!!!!, watched first dvd b4 and saw sum sweet trail ideas lol.
C u at 8

ah the things i used to buy before marriage and mortgages!!! :exclaim:
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 14/Jun/09 4:21pm

wheres the photos Dan? :angry:
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 14/Jun/09 5:18pm

up soon just trying to edit out the guy pretending to work the trails, hahahaha
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 14/Jun/09 5:46pm

Awesome build today, we got lots more done than i expected, just basically making tuna to flow and be smooth......

Good Effort Guys, will look at finishing the rutted section after the last berm, fill all the ruts in and general tidy up!!.
Liams Jump.jpg
Pretty sure this is actually Super Daves jump as he like that sort of thing and thinks that DH is shit........... Noice Sorin
Tuna Berm 1.jpg
Looking back at the entry berm of Tuna, have just raised it slightly to aid in the speed
Tuna Berm 2.jpg
A nice pre-made berm on tuna which we opened up, Liam such a trooper....
Tuna Berm 3.jpg
Same with this one just to carry the speed into the uphill part
Tuna Berm 4.jpg
This corner was pretty crap before so have bermed it slightly so to carry the speed
Tuna Berm 5.jpg
Old berm in the first stage of re-build this will hoperfully get scratched out and be quite smooth and fast, also note the stump for a potential jump
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 14/Jun/09 5:50pm

well we can see who did all the work :thumbsup:
man im a hard worker :love:
dirtjumper08

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 14/Jun/09 6:00pm

Looks good guys. I built a trail down that line before the forestry a several years ago.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 14/Jun/09 6:05pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Looks good guys. I built a trail down that line before the forestry a several years ago.

Oh yeah that was what the Chute entered onto wasn't it never went down there much just hammered the chute all those years ago :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 14/Jun/09 6:13pm

yer its a great trail
dirtjumper08

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 14/Jun/09 6:14pm

madpete wrote:
throw sum RBs on it wrote:Looking forward to build 2morow guys.
C u at 8

ah the things i used to buy before marriage and mortgages!!! :exclaim:

:D
dirtjumper08

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts