Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 21/May/09 4:47pm

Lankyguy wrote:When are you planning on attacking the step down? and would anyone be keen to rebuild the landing pads? :blink:

Yeah man at this stage im looking at bringing it forward to this sunday, going to add some wooden runners acroos the face of the landing to aid in drainage so we will need lots of digging to fill the gaps, so if your keen .....bottom gate 8am sunday

by landing pads i assume you mean of the step down???????
:D
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Fri 22/May/09 7:34pm

looking forward to build this sunday guys.
Myt try get up haki 2morow and get a ride in (maybe get cuple more logs :blink: )
can use sprayer on sunday 2 so track builds on!!!!!! :p :p
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 22/May/09 7:59pm

at this stage we wont be spraying Sorin probably working on the step down landing, weather not looking at fining up enough for spray
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby dirtjumper08 on Fri 22/May/09 8:54pm

throw sum RBs on it wrote:looking forward to build this sunday guys.
Myt try get up haki 2morow and get a ride in (maybe get cuple more logs :blink: )
can use sprayer on sunday 2 so track builds on!!!!!! :p :p

Where are you movin the logs too? :blush:
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 24/May/09 11:53am

Awesome effort by the boys today, got the landing part finished as per photo, still needs more dirt packed into the face and will build an exit berm at the very bottom, bypass line will come down the right hands side of the stepdown and will consist jumps into the line and a switchback at the very top....

new entries into the stepdown will be wooden and there are going to be 2 entries, one of the same size gap as it is now and one bigger one aswell......
project is coming along nicely

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Taniwha Stepdown exit previous.jpg
photo pre the build today, rutted as pretty ngarly for riding down, let alone landing
Taniwha Stepdown partly completed.jpg
Part way thru the finished landing, wood is for tracking the water across the face rather than down
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 24/May/09 11:58am

also had a run on the new entry for the top of Taniwha and its feeling very smooth indeed, drop is mint and the swoop into the berm is awesome at speed, will concentrate on building the wooden drop for the right hand side one into the berm next week (let the dirt on the stepdown settle for a bit).....

be aware that the Taniwha trail has been sprayed today
;)
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 24/May/09 12:06pm

Oh and probably the most important post of the Day....

Thorg can i get your permission to make some building changes to Tuna's Tail please , notihng dramatic want it to stay the same as much as possible just gonna make it stronger in parts......

Cheers Dan :)
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 24/May/09 3:55pm

great build today we should have the step down done soon

see in a couple of weeks :) :) :)
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby hude on Fri 29/May/09 6:50pm

Sorry can't make it this Sunday.
Work and family arriving from NP.
Have fun.

See you next week
hude
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Fri 29/May/09 7:10pm

Yo dan u keen for build ride on monday as well as sun???
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 29/May/09 7:28pm

Sweet as Hude, nah im busy on the monday already, so just the sunday morning, will look at finishing the small drop in to the berm on taniwha and also the entry berm aswell, i have another blade so im gonna hammer the gorse for the new/bypass line hopefully get it all slashed and ready to clear, get you guys to shape the drop and berm up so its ready to build in wood, etc etc :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 29/May/09 7:29pm

oh will take the bike just in case unless its raining :D
The_Quinsta

Postby GT_Rookie on Fri 29/May/09 11:38pm

do you guys have a map of where these trails are that you're working on? Nice work, looking good!
GT_Rookie
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 30/May/09 5:54am

:) I know its here somewhere but cant find it (havent searched for it thou) but here is a downaload that i uploaded haha :thumbsup:
trail_map.pdf
Downloaded 39 times
The_Quinsta

Postby GT_Rookie on Sat 30/May/09 12:15pm

cheers bro, thats primo!

keep up the great building!!
GT_Rookie
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts