Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 30/Sep/08 5:39pm

Thsi Sunday, Taniwha trail lower end gonna clear up the edges, hav'nt seen it but sounds like it's encroching on the ride lines so if you want to help out that would be great, cheers :thumbsup:

8am bottom caraprk
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 5/Oct/08 1:01pm

had a good build today cheers to pete and josh for helping the lower section of taniwha is all clearerd and ready for riding again :thumbsup: ......
also R2 (coming off ressurection) is open for riding, some work is still needed but it is fully ridable just when you meet up with the XC track follow it round onto ressurection for now, over the next month i will get the exit cleared up so the trail is a complete run :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby mrFOES on Sun 5/Oct/08 5:53pm

I'll get up there most days this week and get it all tidied, ridden the track a few times myself, great bit of track! :D
mrFOES
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 16/Oct/08 6:39pm

Build on Sunday, R2 just need a spade, went for ride down it on Sunday Arvo, crashed OMG watta lemon..... needs some work on the corners and straights just want to get it ridable so if anyone is real keen like i am then be at the carpark at 8 :}
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Fri 17/Oct/08 11:44am

there in spirit bro!
mrFOES

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 17/Oct/08 5:46pm

Change your location bro stop lieing to yourself, aussie has got you now hahahahaahaha
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Fri 17/Oct/08 6:29pm

haha oh yeah, ill have to change that. I'll let ya know what downhill perth has when i get there, gonna suss it out while I have a bit of time up my sleeve.
mrFOES

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 19/Oct/08 4:29pm

Another good build today Sam and I got about 6 metres dug up and levelled out over the middle section so just watch out, it's a bit soft and needs some rain but it has made the whole section way more smooth so you can keep the speed up
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Mon 20/Oct/08 12:34am

good stuff, have to get some pictures put up when ever you can.
mrFOES

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 20/Oct/08 5:58am

yeah Tyler dropped the camera again soits welll and ttruly stuffed no, gonna take mandas one up there next weekend
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Mon 20/Oct/08 10:14am

oh true, well thats bit of a bugger. Yeh that sounds cool, should do a helmet cam with my old camera I gave ya when the tracks done haha
mrFOES

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 27/Oct/08 8:39pm

Build today :thumbsup:, tidied up top stump area so it's not so stop start, have cleared some debris from track and made berm at rise better :cool: .
Hope to do a spray on the trail next weekend as well as more work...... lots of dirt moving :sneaky:
Carpark.jpg
The new carpark at the bottom gate for those who haven't seen it yet
Rebuilt Nana line with stump jump.jpg
Stump to be used as a jump to flat before droping into the berm after it, nana line on right will be fairly smooth
Straight with jumps on left.jpg
Fast line on the right with two dirt jump style jumps on left, first will be a gap only and second will be a Foot Plant over the stump for the Keen ones!!!
Sam on the steps.jpg
Berm to Riser.jpg
This is a bit of a toughy, the berm needs more work but im aiming to have this rise pretty fast, this leads out onto open track and a big berm dropping left with a stepdown in the middle of it, leading to a series of 3 step downs.
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Mon 27/Oct/08 9:26pm

top effort guys!! track is slowly but surely comin together! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mrFOES

Postby trailtroll on Thu 30/Oct/08 8:25am

I wish I had you guys out at Glenbervie, your machines!
trailtroll
""i woke up this morning and all of my stuff was stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.""
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby thorg on Thu 30/Oct/08 8:30am

:pmob: DAMN!

Where's that new carpark? Is it just along AC road from the old entry gate?

gates/culverts look too narrow for me to get my truck in but :lol: How am I going to live up there now :eh:

guess I'll have to stay here.

Top effort - must get back up to ride the trails some time :)
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts