Contact From Tauranga City Council

Postby Barks on Mon 12/Nov/07 9:49pm

Just had an E-mail came through from Bruce Galloway, who works for TCC, with regards to off-road cycling in our area. I though I'd share it with the MTB Tauranga forum, and I'll be happy to pass any comments you guys along.

Bruce Galloway wrote:Great to see the MTB Club starting up again, I work for the Tauranga City Council and as a small part of my job I am working on directing the TCC web page to show all the linkages from park to park and working with staff to be aware of the links for walkers & cyclist. You should be aware of the links from 17th Ave along the new boardwalk and under the bridges, then up to Cambridge road etc.

I would like any feed back from your newly formed club to help the Council make Tauranga a more off road cycle friendly town. We have plans of proposed links around the city, but it is a matter of annual budges and planning.

I've known Bruce in the past, and he's a good guy - and from memory he's a reasonably keen roadie, so if he's a Vorber he may even drop into our neck of the woods for a look and a chat.
Barks
Member for: 12 years 11 months

RE: Contact From Tauranga City Council

Postby dented on Mon 12/Nov/07 9:55pm

Bruce Galloway wrote:Great to see the MTB Club starting up again, I work for the Tauranga City Council and as a small part of my job I am working on directing the TCC web page to show all the linkages from park to park and working with staff to be aware of the links for walkers & cyclist. You should be aware of the links from 17th Ave along the new boardwalk and under the bridges, then up to Cambridge road etc.

I would like any feed back from your newly formed club to help the Council make Tauranga a more off road cycle friendly town. We have plans of proposed links around the city, but it is a matter of annual budges and planning.

Sounds good Barks, except the highlighted bits. What bridges? its news to me.

As far as feedback goes, I really like the work that has gone on thus far, more of the same would be awesome. It just all needs to be linked up now.
dented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Barks on Mon 12/Nov/07 10:41pm

I was trying to figure that out for myself... Might have to go for a sifty around there and try find out what or where is being talked about.
Barks

RE: Re: Contact From Tauranga City Council

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 12/Nov/07 10:49pm

dented wrote: Sounds good Barks, except the highlighted bits. What bridges? its news to me.

As far as feedback goes, I really like the work that has gone on thus far, more of the same would be awesome. It just all needs to be linked up now.

Seconded.
You have areas where there that don't link up EG: Matua salt flats boardwalks (opposite Carlton park) that don't meet up with the boardwalks around towards Waihi rd. and at the bottom of Millers Rd.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Wed 14/Nov/07 10:09pm

Well I met Bruce tonight out on the bikes, we got talking, and asked him about this "under the bridges" track that goes up towards Cambridge rd, And I've pretty much convinced him to come along to our monday night ride to show us where he meant.
It sounded pretty simple, I might take the long way home after work tomorrow.
But anyone interested in some more sweet inner city single track should tag along on monday night :)
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

RE: Re: Contact From Tauranga City Council

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 19/Nov/07 10:29pm

dented wrote:

Sounds good Barks, except the highlighted bits. What bridges? its news to me.

Those ones we rode tonight :thumbsup:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"

Postby xcmtb on Thu 22/Nov/07 4:00pm

Carl at summerhill was telling me he has a Council member looking to find out how many riders would use a track in the Kaimai's if such a track were to exist. if you can, come meet this council guy this coming Wednesday at 6:00pm at Summerhill to show your interest in the tracks
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"

Postby fraserb on Thu 22/Nov/07 4:02pm

sounds like a good excuse to get up there for a pedal on wednesday nite :thumbsup:
fraserb
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby xcmtb on Thu 22/Nov/07 4:04pm

yep, another good reason is that there is a group that meets to do some XC up there that night
xcmtb

Postby fraserb on Thu 22/Nov/07 4:39pm

xcmtb wrote: yep, another good reason is that there is a group that meets to do some XC up there that night
:hmmm: that is not a very good reason
fraserb
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby xcmtb on Fri 23/Nov/07 7:10am

there were some pretty awesome DJ guys there too, and we did the downhill
xcmtb

Postby Flyboy on Fri 24/Oct/08 11:39am

:pmob: Just saw this thread, its more appropriately put here, sorry for double posting guys:

"Bruce Galloway will be guiding an MTB ride around various Tauranga reserves on Wednesday 29th October. The ride will be on road between reserves and off road for the balance, assisting riders to identify new recreational and commuter routes. The ride commences at 6:00pm from the carpark behind the council/library and will be around 1.5 hours long, returning to town before dark. It is suitable for all riders from intermediate school age up."
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Bay of Plenty | Clubs | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | Mountainbike Tauranga | New Zealand | Regions | Tauranga - Latest Posts