N-duro Success

Postby Kacey on Mon 28/May/07 9:26pm

Well 3 of us headed up to n-duro- unfortunately conor had to pull out once we got there, bit of a bummer.

Rita did awesome and got 2nd in the open women long course- great racing considering she was against elite women.

I got 1st in the short course open women with almost no training which was quite funny.

It was such a great race, to compete in a big field for once. Anyone thinking of doing it should really give it a go.
Kacey
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby faux_name on Wed 30/May/07 10:34am

Last edited by faux_name on Fri 13/Aug/10 5:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
faux_name
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby cpower on Thu 31/May/07 11:02pm

My knee has been given a clean bill of health! :) Tomorrow I'm allowed to ride for 30mins on an indoor trainer!! Woop! :) :)

Ok, so not quite the 6hr MTB epic I was looking for, but it's a step in the right direction...
It isn't a patellofemoral tracking issue thank god. Seems like I just smacked my knee on something and the training worklod super-inflamed it...
cpower
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby faux_name on Fri 1/Jun/07 4:10pm

Last edited by faux_name on Fri 13/Aug/10 5:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
faux_name

Postby cpower on Fri 1/Jun/07 5:05pm

No sorry, I'm still pulling out. Theres nothing majorly wrong with me but I still wont be doing anything other than 30mins on the wind trainer every second day for a few weeks yet.

The race organiser still hasnt given me a refund. Maybe he was just trying to politely stop me bugging him in Rotovegas... :hmmm:
cpower

Postby Kacey on Sun 3/Jun/07 7:48pm

hey, thats good its getting better, will you be up for the third round? Me and Lynaire are doing it.
Kacey

Postby cpower on Sun 3/Jun/07 8:00pm

Earliest that I'll be racing again is mid-october. Not to do with the knee, thats how my training shedule works out...
cpower

Postby Kacey on Tue 5/Jun/07 8:02pm

True, PNP series>?
Kacey

Postby cpower on Tue 5/Jun/07 11:10pm

PNP 4 and 5 are penciled in at the mo. Would have liked to do the whole series but I can't. I might start racing more next year but Joe Friel, the king of cycle coaching, says nay to racing in the base period. And who am I to argue... Even Chris Carmichael follows his advice.
cpower

Postby skidston on Wed 6/Jun/07 11:04am

what's the base period? A year or 2 of just piling on the miles?

That would mean that you should be going on many regular rides with the club then aye...?!
skidston

Postby skidston on Wed 6/Jun/07 11:08am

cpower wrote: I'm pulling out. Theres nothing wrong with me. he was trying to stop me bugg(er)ing him in Rotovegas... :hmmm:

Amazing what a little editing can do

:satan:
skidston

Postby cpower on Wed 6/Jun/07 6:20pm

skidston wrote: what's the base period? A year or 2 of just piling on the miles?

Close. A few months (4 for me) of easy long rides. And yeah, I'd be doing heaps of riding with the club if I was able to do any riding at all! :(

There's talk of a cortisol injection into my knee....
And I'd have to go though all the hassle of a therapeutic use exemption!!

I'm crossing my fingers real freekin hard at the moment....
cpower

Postby skidston on Thu 7/Jun/07 10:01am

Man, that doesn't sound good at all. fingers crossed for sure...
skidston

Postby faux_name on Mon 11/Jun/07 5:37pm

Last edited by faux_name on Fri 13/Aug/10 5:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
faux_name

Postby cpower on Mon 11/Jun/07 6:10pm

Outside my strict lil schedule...
cpower

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts