Who else is sitting at home, injured, in pain and completely miserable?

Me!
65%
Not me...
35%

Total voters : 17

Poll: Who Else Is Injured And Miserable?

Postby cpower on Sat 28/Apr/07 7:50pm

I'm pretty sure it's a good percentage of the vic bike club!
:(
cpower
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby ants06 on Sat 28/Apr/07 9:19pm

not ilke you could ride today any ways
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

RE: Poll: Who Else Is Injured And Miserable?

Postby Bazza on Sat 28/Apr/07 9:23pm

cpower wrote: I'm pretty sure it's a good percentage of the vic bike club!
:(

Not I, That reminds me, whens the next meeting? i still need to sign up now that i have a bike to ride :thumbsup:

What did you do to yourself Powers?
Bazza
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby cpower on Sat 28/Apr/07 10:40pm

Nothing too major, just strained a hip flexor. Couldnt walk yesterday but should be all patched up by tomorrow.
Joe's got a broken rib (just as mine healed!) and Kacey's got a leg injury.

Cursed I tell you... :(
cpower

Postby skidston on Sun 29/Apr/07 10:37am

Yeah, broken ribs suck balls. To cheer myself up though, i just bought a transition bottlerocket. Hail frickin Yeeahhh!

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/BottleRocket.cfm

So although i am injured and miserable, i am also excited like a child waiting for christmas (got to wait for it to arrive from wanaka).

Anyone want to buy a dakar xlt?????

Yeah let's have a bbq this week or next some time. Cpower seems to be the man for organising that side of things?
skidston
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Kacey on Sun 29/Apr/07 12:44pm

I think my original leg injury has come right- did 50km on the road today and didn't feel it- mind you I was spinning the whole time. But I did get another really strange pain in my knee cap it was weird!

Plus im still trying to get over food poisening so I'm still not riding much.
Kacey
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby cpower on Sun 29/Apr/07 10:03pm

Jesus joe, thats not going to be your main trail bike is it? It's pretty chunky....
cpower

Postby skidston on Mon 30/Apr/07 9:09am

Yeah guy, selling the dakar and having that as my only bike (plus a crappy road bike for commuting). It's gonna be sweeeeet! Think they come in at about 37 lbs, so not too beefy for getting up hills, and that dhx5 shock on the back, with a 700 lb spring should make peddling fairly reasonable.

And think of the downs! It's like a friggin dirt jumper with suspension. I'm going to have to stop being such a pussy and get airborne again....

Woop woop!
skidston

Postby Paulster on Mon 30/Apr/07 11:35am

Add another set of fractured ribs to the mix from me, right near the heart, makes me nervous...
Paulster
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby leglesscyclist on Mon 30/Apr/07 11:44am

Yay, for miserable head colds, got the Condor roady with Campag finsihed on the weekend, took it on the club ride yesterday, knocked out 110 km, I was riding with a pair of strained/pulled calf muscles from jogging, felt good on the bike but jeez, knew about it as soon as I got off...plus cold/flu/snot/whinge whinge...
Oh God skidson's bought himself an ejector seat of a bike.
leglesscyclist
"Rule 83. No matter how fast you climb Mount Ventoux in a hail storm only other cyclists think you are a bad ass. The rest of the world thinks you are a pansy for being skinnier than most 8yr old girls and wearing lycra."

Postby skidston on Mon 30/Apr/07 12:09pm

Paulster wrote: Add another set of fractured ribs to the mix from me, right near the heart, makes me nervous...

Man, mine are right over my heart as well. Heinous aye.

How did you do yours? I was at keryfuckapapa (sp?) by masterton, hit a log that i should have pulled up over, over the bars, and landed with my hand between the ground and my chest.

It wasn't too bad until i went surfing on it, and thinking "don't be such a pussy, it's only a pulled muscle", i paddled hard and went to stand up, only to fall down in pain. Since then it's been no surfing, no cycling, no getting out of breath. Shitcakes.

ANd the surf was about the best i've seen lyall bay, and now i'm getting a new bike that i can't ride properly. Sniff sniff.
skidston

Postby cmdr_keen on Mon 30/Apr/07 12:54pm

I endo'd off a drop on the rotorua national dh track 10days ago. hurt my shoulder, and on thursday slid my bike out on the ghuznee-terrace corner in the rain...Grazed up nicely haha.
Joe that bike looks wick!!! Have to take ito ut when were all better :), and its compatible with 8inch front forks haha!
cmdr_keen
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Paulster on Mon 30/Apr/07 11:11pm

Yea mine was playing canoepolo, like waterpolo but in kayaks. I took a charge start and got the other fellas boat right in the chest, must have looked cool from the side. I played through a few more games, got home and couldnt move the next day.

That was around 2 1/2 weeks ago now, how long are they suposed to take to heal anyway? I've been riding since but taking it really easy, as you say no getting out of breath or coughing.

skidston wrote:
Paulster wrote: Add another set of fractured ribs to the mix from me, right near the heart, makes me nervous...

Man, mine are right over my heart as well. Heinous aye.

How did you do yours? I was at keryfuckapapa (sp?) by masterton, hit a log that i should have pulled up over, over the bars, and landed with my hand between the ground and my chest.

It wasn't too bad until i went surfing on it, and thinking "don't be such a pussy, it's only a pulled muscle", i paddled hard and went to stand up, only to fall down in pain. Since then it's been no surfing, no cycling, no getting out of breath. Shitcakes.

ANd the surf was about the best i've seen lyall bay, and now i'm getting a new bike that i can't ride properly. Sniff sniff.
Paulster
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby cpower on Tue 1/May/07 8:22am

4 to 6 weeks for a broken rib to heal... Your probably looking at around 5.

Sucks huh...
cpower

Postby skidston on Tue 1/May/07 8:41am

It blows the big one. especially when you're getting a new bike! Think i might have to just jam loads of pain killers down me and see how it goes....
skidston

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts