Re: Dnt '11 Foot In Mouth

Postby struggling on Fri 27/May/11 7:04pm

hahahahaha andrew, you should go and buy a note book so you can write down all the reasons in the world not to do the DNT, i think you have just about covered 61% of them in 3weeks, last thing to say is "soft"
struggling
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 27/May/11 9:34pm

struggling wrote:hahahahaha andrew, you should go and buy a note book so you can write down all the reasons in the world not to do the DNT, i think you have just about covered 61% of them in 3weeks, last thing to say is "soft"

Can I just borrow yours?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby struggling on Sun 29/May/11 9:17pm

BULLSHIT. i dont run a note book, its a big hard cover folder107 pages so far on reason not to ride and back up storys for them
struggling
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 29/May/11 9:36pm

Can I have your top 10 reasons then?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 30/May/11 9:37pm

saw this and thought of datsane

2011-05-30.gif
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 30/May/11 10:35pm

A water proof calendar might be of better use to me.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Tue 7/Jun/11 5:44pm

Hmm
Well last week was total shit and this week got off to another flier. After thinking all last week I was coming down with something, I stayed off bike as much as possible not cool. Plus about mid week a tooth I had fixed a month ago decided to play up after riding Friday, having to force myself not to open my mouth to the cold air rang the dentist "sorry Wednesday is the earliest we can fit you in" :( Over the weekend it got worse much worse no riding again.
I managed to get the tooth sorted(ish) this morning after being told by the dentist $2500 for a root canal or $160 pull it :crazy: Don't start me on dentist. And it still bloody fucking hurts arseholes.
Then this afternoon there was the trip to the doctor for being an idiot and slicing open my right thumb while using my lathe FARK. No stitches yet got to go back tomorrow to have the dressing changed and check for infection. So its off the bike for awhile double FARK.

Tune in next week to see what goes wrong for the rest of this week. All going well I get all the annoying shit out of the way well before the DNT.

ARSE
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Tue 7/Jun/11 6:09pm

Hell boy - ya could have cut ya fricking dick off with the lathe and we would still expect you to front the DNT :cool:
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Tue 7/Jun/11 9:42pm

Dont need my dick to ride au. In thinking about it its more of a pain, unless you need to pee while out on the trails and don't want wet shoes.

Thumbs help hold on though so I'm keeping them.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby thorg on Wed 8/Jun/11 8:18am

Any excuse not to ride huh :p
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Wed 8/Jun/11 8:20am

thorg wrote:Any excuse not to ride huh :p

So... you racing, then? :sly:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby NickCW on Wed 8/Jun/11 8:31am

Datsane wrote:I managed to get the tooth sorted(ish) this morning after being told by the dentist $2500 for a root canal or $160 pull it Don't start me on dentist. And it still bloody fucking hurts arseholes.

When a tooth needs a root canal it usually comes about from some sort of impact, after telling my dentist I hit the tooth surfing (board to the face etc), ACC kicked in and the whole thing cost me $100
NickCW
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby thorg on Wed 8/Jun/11 8:34am

Scaredy_Cat wrote:
thorg wrote:Any excuse not to ride huh :p

So... you racing, then? :sly:
i don't race. I could be interested in a team entry, but cost is prohibitive for a solo entry for me :(

Unless you are offereing to pay entry and travel costs for me - then sure - I'll solo :)
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Wed 8/Jun/11 8:41am

Sorry - I should have said 'participate' :D

Would love to sponsor you - but have enough trouble finding the $$ for my own travel/entry! :blush:

I'm sure you'll find a like-minded group of riders of wildly inappropriate bikes to join you in a team, though :thumbsup:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Mel on Wed 8/Jun/11 11:04am

I keep having delusions of riding my 'cross bike at the DNT too. Stupid is as stupid does. Or will I be stupid enough to actually do it?? I have a plethora of excuses at the ready, although I won't go as far as trying to cut an appendage off! I'm thinking 6 hour and in a team, because I'm a pussy. Anyone else interested in making a 2-person 6-hour 'cross team? Preferably someone who's there for a good time, not a fast time. :)
Mel
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Clubs | Hamilton MTB Club - Latest Posts