Re: Hmtb Night Series

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 1/Jun/11 9:15pm

woot for a fast dry track tonight, all yous no-show softies missed a good'un :lol:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby RussS on Wed 1/Jun/11 9:28pm

Bloody wish it was Datsane riding tonight and not me - fark my knee and elbow are stinging like a bastard .... I think slippery and slow would have caused less damage :blush:
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 1/Jun/11 10:50pm

Why wait until next year Russ? Wait I'm riding next week :paranoid:

Got a couple of photos tonight while I was on timing duty.

Hey people out of interest thinking about holding prize giving at Velo Espresso and doing another indoor skills type course whos keen?
Riding the course is for fun maybe a prize for being the fastest. And if you don't want to you can point and laugh.

I also look forward to defending the longest skid title :p
Start.jpg
lights.jpg
P1080287.JPG
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby stalkedtoast on Mon 6/Jun/11 6:14pm

Datsane wrote: doing another indoor skills type course whos keen?

Yup would be interested
stalkedtoast
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby nagem on Mon 6/Jun/11 6:22pm

Yeah man. Me and my bmx will be keen for a ride/run. :D
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 6/Jun/11 10:29pm

Most likely be on a Saturday this time to allow more time to set up.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Tue 14/Jun/11 2:34pm

Rounds 7 and 8 are now consigned to the past. Both nights were quite nice with cold, clear conditions - unfortunately the track was a bit soupy. Numbers down a little - put down to a bunch of softies that would prefer to be sitting in an air conditioned lounge watching the idiot box :D

Usual suspects at the sharp end of the field for both rounds with a certain person having a dnf both rounds whiloe running at the pointy end on his CX bike ..... no names mentioned huh Lester ...... whoops :blush:
Managed to crash a few times on the first lap and was playing catch-up until I passed Grant and then promptly bailed hard on the big berm before the Willows and took a crap load of skin of knee and elbow. Would have been DFL if it wasn't for that CX guy walking out :sneaky:

It was great last week to have the MacDermid clan turn up, but I think young Wiolliam and James would have been a bit brassed off riding the slop on their tiny wheels. I was still out circulating when they departed so didn't get a chance to talk with them - awesome effort kids and thanks to mom and dad for com,ing out to play in the mud too.

Round 9 this Wednesday with the final round next week. Have created a new loop on the grass for this round as things werre going from bad to worse out in the park and we can't give that guy on the CX bike too much of an advantage.

Anyone wanting to have a play before we call it quits for the year is welcome to come down and borrow a light set from me.
RussS

Postby Datsane on Tue 14/Jun/11 10:26pm

That guy on the CX bike keeps getting flat tyres so the advantage isn't alot. Though he's testing new rubber this week.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Wed 15/Jun/11 7:50am

Flat tyres huh? I thought his flash new carbon rear wheel might have failed ..... ahhh well, will see tonight.

You riding, or what?
RussS

Postby Datsane on Wed 15/Jun/11 11:55am

I'm having a bad day again so a ride will be a good escape :paranoid:

Well better go put the washing machine back together :(
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 15/Jun/11 1:05pm

Datsane wrote:I'm having a bad day again so a ride will be a good escape :paranoid:

Well better go put the washing machine back together :(

forget the washing machine, go get my seatpost oi :D
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby RussS on Wed 15/Jun/11 1:06pm

Hate that - I bought a new one rather than bugger around fixing the old one.

Oh - bring warm gear ..... 4 laps tonight old son :p
RussS

Postby xc_cruiser on Thu 16/Jun/11 9:57pm

Awesome conditions lastnight, pity i couldnt quite hit the start but was fun on my new rig all the same. Cheers Russ for setting up a nice variation of the track. 6 laps next week??..haha
xc_cruiser
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 16/Jun/11 11:45pm

Nice you finally made(ish) a race.

My race report Rant
I came, I rode, I think I need a new hobby.
As said before I had abit of a nightmare last week. This week I was hoping would turn out better the first few days great. Wednesday though was a shakey 5.20am start as Chris (oldest son) woke me saying he'd wet his bed (at least it wasn't mine) out of my warm bed to sort him and his bed out then back to sleep, no one told my brain it was time for sleep until my alarm sounded at 6.30am. Funnily at that point I went straight to sleep WTF.
Out of bed breakfast time for the boys sorted next task COFFEE and put on that load of washing things seemed to be working well No one told my washing machine at 8.00am with washing that needed to be done. So after much mucking about getting pissed off then booting it for all its worth (not a lot) only to remember I'm not wearing shoes with a sharp pain and now in a great deal of pain. And my washing machine doesn't go :(
So to claim down some decided to take some time watch the rally coverage with the boys. Time for another coffee argh only enough for a half shot and Morning tea for the boys (man they eat alot). Following coffee I then dump water over the floor from washing machine, pull it to bits in the middle of the kitchen and foot still hurts. Diagnose issue and bodge it enough (cant leave it alone now without fear it will try taking off) to use "Woot" things getting better. And now its lunch time (your hungry again).

At this point I'm wanting coffee again mum gets home. Right I'm going to get beans, really need a ride at this point, to pick up something else for someone else and need to see if riding will cause me more pain. Put riding shoes on Oh god that hurt hmm not a good sign check tyre pressure and off interesting no pain. Get coffee return home after talking much crap with a number of people feel better about my day. Diagnoses foot hurts but meh I'll ride any how :thumbsup:

Leave for the track late as normal. Arrive then need to put helmet light on, bar light on plus battery, shoes, things to keep me warm ok sweet ready to go. Shit my lights not working ARGH find problem thanks "that guy on the CX bike" for the insulation tape. We're waiting for you ANDREW, thank you Russ ok ready now. Race brief almost ride into my own Qspear and Go (Rus you need to work on your counting its 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 GO or 2, Go. Not 5, Go.
The track was much better than on monday when I had last rode good start to race, I'm feeling better than last time I rode and its not raining. Russ next time I come past the start line dont remind me how many laps to go unless there are none. Continue on to see "that guy on the CX bike" walking for the 3rd week in a row :crazy: in much the same spot. Think to myself I'm sure I'm catching the person in front really I wasn't ever going to :lol: On the grass I hate the grass.
Russ once again SHUT UP. Another lap of pain slow down HRM warning me heart rate is to high :crazy: Where is everyone and I still hate the grass.
One more time enjoying myself again, stall and fall off on the last sleeper step (I told you Dear I still fall off every once and a while riding spd's) have alittle nap. Then see lights better get riding again then that guy on the CX bike and Nigel go past me like its their first lap :blink: Still hate that bloody grass then the finish and I didn't get lapped this time during the race.

Despite the shit day I'd suffered the nights racing (ride) seemed to help clear my head. This week I didn't think solo DNT was a mistake at least :thumbsup: I enjoyed riding once again and glad Russ and I ran the series again this year. Now question is whos riding next week? And drinks at the Cock n Bull after?

I changed my mind I love my hobby and the people that help me enjoy it :love:
I await the ribbing I will no doubt receive.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Fri 17/Jun/11 5:23am

xc_cruiser wrote:Awesome conditions lastnight, pity i couldnt quite hit the start but was fun on my new rig all the same. Cheers Russ for setting up a nice variation of the track. 6 laps next week??..haha

:cool:
RussS

Clubs | Hamilton MTB Club - Latest Posts