Michael Laws Is A Fucking Tool

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Thu 3/Sep/09 11:53am

I mean really.

thats all I had to say. but the gang insignia free "White is Right" Whanganui, the fucktard rants on his stupid radio show, commissioning a sculpture with public funds then refusing to display it, Wanganui/Whanganui and now bullying schoolkids.

what's next? barbecuing puppies while receiving oral sex from a dolphin after setting fire to a nature reserve then stripmining it?

And of course Ive bought into it by drawing attention to him.

But seriously, what a fuckwit.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic ... ing-pupils
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Michael Laws Is A Fucking Tool

Postby sifter on Thu 3/Sep/09 11:58am

agreed
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby one_uknw on Thu 3/Sep/09 11:59am

He's always been a controversial political and media personality, and that's all well and good; everyone's entitled to an opinion, but he's pushing his luck. There's such a thing as an appropriate, rational, democratic decision, and then there's blatant shit stirring, which is totally counter-productive
one_uknw
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:06pm

yep. imbecilic tosspot.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby nagem on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:10pm

I like him. He's absolutely right that 12 year old kids couldn't give a shit about how Wanganui is spelt.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Scotty on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:14pm

Indeed, I'm more pissed at the teacher who got his kids to do that dirty work.

Laws is just as much of a retard for allowing himself to get sucked in by such an elementary ruse.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:19pm

Reading that story I do think that whoever put the kids up to writing that BS to him is the biggest ass...

But Laws is still a chump.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby grover on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:21pm

Yep he is a total fuckwit, but.... he is also doing a good job of mayor - gives Wanganui/fonganui exposure - why else would Wanganui/fonganui be in the news.

He's a sucessful mayor in much the same way Shadbolt is. (except Shadbolt is kind of likeable)
grover
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby DropKick on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:24pm

Yea I think he could've approached it better, but it is a nice change to see a politician having a view of their own rather than just saying "yes, ok, mmm hmmm, I hear what you're saying" to avoid stepping on toes (ie - losing votes).

I quite liked the "Do you honestly think that children give a continental about how Wanganui is spelt? Children this age care about Harry Potter." :lol:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby one_uknw on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:28pm

Is he is a good mayor? It's easy to think that he might have Wanganui's best interests in mind but I'm not entirely convinced he hasn't got his own agenda. There's no doubt Wanganui requires a strong leader and that it requires some serious guidance to alleviate the negative aspects within it's community but Laws' strategy is pretty questionable
one_uknw

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:29pm

IAW with nagem/scotty/dropkick

right idea, wrong way of going about it.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby DropKick on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:30pm

one_uknw wrote:Is he is a good mayor? It's easy to think that he might have Wanganui's best interests in mind but I'm not entirely convinced he hasn't got his own agenda. There's no doubt Wanganui requires a strong leader and that it requires some serious guidance to alleviate the negative aspects within it's community but Laws' strategy is pretty questionable

How many terms has he had? either way if its not what the people of wangas want, they wont vote for him. Isnt democracy grand :love:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Zoom on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:33pm

This is his 2nd term as mayor.

I do some work in Wanganui and opinion of him seems divided - polarised even.
Zoom
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby grover on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:34pm

He generates a lot of debate - which is healthy. He doesn't shy away from being anti-pc. Undoubtably he has got his own agenda, however regardless of what side you're on, people are now discussing the 'hard' issues, that in a lot of communities get swept under carpets and ignored.

Having said that I friggin hate the guy!!!!
grover
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby one_uknw on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:42pm

That's a good point. Regardless of Laws' methods, integrity etc, his presence in the media has drawn attention to some key issues. Lets say hypothetically he doesn't get elected for a 3rd term, his successor's at least got a good framework to build on, albeit a messy one
one_uknw

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts