What age should people be able to buy booze in New Zealand?

Ban it all!
3
6%
80
0
No votes
60
0
No votes
40
0
No votes
30
0
No votes
25
1
2%
20
31
60%
18
8
15%
16
2
4%
14
1
2%
12
1
2%
5
4
8%
It shouldn't be restricted at all
1
2%
 
Total voters : 52

What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby Tama on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:11pm

Well? :eh:
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:13pm

3
xcmtb
User avatar
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby happybaboon on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:15pm

20... But all $20 or more boxes of beer/RTDs, bottles of wine or bottles of spirits should come with a free tinny.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:15pm

20 from an off licence / supermarket

18 from a pub / bar

But more importantly, enforce the sale of liqour laws that we have better, and ensure that the host responsibility aspects of bars / pubs are enforced better
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby wachtourak on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:16pm

20 would be all gangster. I would've had no qualms with waiting til I was 20, but then again I am reasonable. When did they lower it to 18 anyway? Wasn't long before I turned 18 from memory.


edit: PBR's ideas have merit
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:17pm

pushbikerider wrote:20 from an off licence / supermarket

18 from a pub / bar

But more importantly, enforce the sale of liqour laws that we have better, and ensure that the host responsibility aspects of bars / pubs are enforced better

x2 actually...
xcmtb
User avatar
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby happybaboon on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:17pm

pushbikerider wrote:ensure that the host responsibility aspects of bars / pubs are enforced better

Those laws already are really well enforced. But, sadly, they do nothing to stop a small minority of bar partons from being total jerkoffs. Also often those people are normally way wasted before they even get to the bars... And then they get turned away from bars or kicked out straight away and cause problems on the streets... Yet people usually blame the bars for the problem.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:18pm

i think 18 is fine. in theory, if it wasn't restricted, it wouldn't be such a treat to be abused by 15 year olds who get smashed and end up with alcalol poisoning, it would be just another drink. however, if the age limit was dropped, there would be mayhem. so 18 seems fine to me. under aged people still get their grubby hands on it no trouble, but there isn't much that can be done.
dicks-naughty-account
User avatar
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:19pm

criminalise liquor and decriminalise cannabis, don't see stoners causing fights
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:20pm

dicks-naughty-account wrote:i think 18 is fine. in theory, if it wasn't restricted, it wouldn't be such a treat to be abused by 15 year olds who get smashed and end up with alcalol poisoning, it would be just another drink. however, if the age limit was dropped, there would be mayhem. so 18 seems fine to me. under aged people still get their grubby hands on it no trouble, but there isn't much that can be done.

ewe just want to be able to drink legally five days ealier...
xcmtb
User avatar
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:20pm

wat
dicks-naughty-account
User avatar
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby wachtourak on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:21pm

happybaboon wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:ensure that the host responsibility aspects of bars / pubs are enforced better

Those laws already are really well enforced. But, sadly, they do nothing to stop a small minority of bar partons from being total jerkoffs. Also often those people are normally way wasted before they even get to the bars... And then they get turned away from bars or kicked out straight away and cause problems on the streets... Yet people usually blame the bars for the problem.


Yarr. Hence why the off-licence age being raised would be a good idea.
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby michael on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:22pm

How are people supposed to learn to make responsible choices when we have a nanny state government stooping to such low levels as regulating what food and drink people are allowed to consume.
michael
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:24pm

michael wrote:How are people supposed to learn to make responsible choices when we have a nanny state government stooping to such low levels as regulating what food and drink people are allowed to consume.


facepalm
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby Chickenman on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:24pm

michael wrote:How are people supposed to learn to make responsible choices when we have a nanny state government stooping to such low levels as regulating what food and drink people are allowed to consume.


Aw, and I thought you'd left :(
Chickenman
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Health | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

48 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], wachtourak and 43 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit