Holy Knolly!

Postby Simpleone on Mon 13/Jul/09 4:19pm

To add to what we think may be the best selection of quality MTB frames and bikes in Christchurch and possibly NZ we have one more string to the bow.  Although these would be more aptly called a hammer!  The increased mass in these frames has added to the gravitational effect of BASIC, small people have been stuck to the glass on the windows for no apparent reason other than gravity.   First out the box is the Delirium T this thing is nails, the bike you buy when you keep breaking other bikes, if you break this you’ll probably have other more pressing issues to deal with down at the hospital!  Even if the gap is too big you could make this into a bridge and drive across.  So they aren’t light (5.6kgs or 12 1/2 lbs on our scales with a vivid) build quality is incredible, all welds are neat and tidy, bearings are “man sized” no piddly wee 688’s on this frame, powder coat or ano finish either is exceptional.

Edorphin which is the light weight option and builds into a nice trail bike for normal mortals, we should have a demo one available soon.  Prices are $4,800.00 -$5,000.00 for Delerium T and a little less for the Endorphin.  Not cheap, but not your average bike either, with Knolly you get what you pay for and a bit more!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Link to original article: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/holy-knolly/
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/feed/
Original Published: 4:18pm Monday, 13th July 2009 - NZST
white-dt-flat.jpg
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Holy Knolly!

Postby danose on Mon 13/Jul/09 7:54pm

drool drool drool :alien:

now all you need to do is pick up Nicolai to complete the trifecta
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Mon 13/Jul/09 7:57pm

dump knolly, get nicolai :thumbsup:
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Simpleone on Mon 13/Jul/09 8:08pm

danose wrote:drool drool drool :alien:

now all you need to do is pick up Nicolai to complete the trifecta

Actually i can get them if you want ex Germany, I know a man! I would like to think the range we cover should keep most people happy enough though!

Blur LT's Carbons are in courier world somewhere too................... :o
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Mon 13/Jul/09 8:17pm

my last comment was very uneducated..... after looking at the frames, and the pics of them hanging in the shop :thumbsup: they look really nice :thumbsup:
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 13/Jul/09 9:11pm

I have taken a Delirium T for a spin on dirt. I didn't end up getting it because it was a bit too heavy for what I had planned but wholy fark was it nice. Easily the stiffest full susser I've ever swung a leg over, and with a build quality that would make dave turner cry.

Perfect bike for somewhere like Queenstown.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby danose on Mon 13/Jul/09 9:40pm

Simpleone wrote:Actually i can get them if you want ex Germany, I know a man!

now I just need a friendly swiss banker to finance it :p

anyway, there's already ONE nicolai in chch, so it'd ruin the exclusivity of the brand (triply so if it was me riding it)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby one_uknw on Mon 13/Jul/09 9:53pm

I'd like a hoon on the Endorphin
one_uknw
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Basic Bikes Blog | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts