Harbour Capital Marathon, How Did You Go?

Postby VERT on Sun 28/Jun/09 4:22pm

I took up running this year as form of keeping fit when not riding. Having never run the distance before and having the flu for the last 2 weeks I am pretty stoked with my 1 hour 45 minute time for the Half.

Who else did this race today and how did you do?
VERT
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Harbour Capital Marathon, How Did You Go?

Postby OliverBendix on Sun 28/Jun/09 7:37pm

I didn't, because I haven't run for a couple of years now with stuffed ankle, so I'm very jealous of those who got out today. The harbour capital half was a good event, one of my favourites.

1:45 is pretty decent for only a year of running.
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby ThingOne on Sun 28/Jun/09 9:34pm

Well done Pete, you becoming a filthy Multisporter I hear?. Sorry I didnt see you coming, its like playing Wheres Wally trying to find people in the bunches.

BLB1 (Angry Wife) was 1:56 and was stoked to go under 2 hours.
Tiger Bushlove Sandbagged himself a 1:24, he was pretty pleased.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Monolith on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:10am

My wife did the 10km after originally planning on the half - a nasty flu then chest infection a few weeks back meant the 21km was out of the picture. Her first running race ever, to go with her first MTB race 2 weeks ago! :)
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby 1scotty1 on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:20am

1:56 for me. Bloody cold before the start and also alking back down the concourse afterwards but during the run it was good conditions. The turnaround seemed a long way up the Miramar peninsula.
1scotty1
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:24am

Monolith wrote:My wife did the 10km after originally planning on the half - a nasty flu then chest infection a few weeks back meant the 21km was out of the picture. Her first running race ever, to go with her first MTB race 2 weeks ago! :)

AWESOME!! :thumbsup:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Lynskey on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:12pm

Had a knee injury for the past few months so haven't been able to do much run training at all, so decided to just go out and do the distance for fun (banking on my fitness from swimming/biking). This gradually evolved into deciding to run in costume. I was well on track for a sub 1:30 until my legs packed it in at about the 12km mark. So when all was said and done, pretty happy with a 1hr 35 flat with no training and dressed as an old woman.

Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Tugboat on Mon 29/Jun/09 7:08pm

Just under 2:19 for the half for me. I'm not a runner at all and this was my first half-marathon which I did on 4 training runs over the last 2 months. I actually found it pretty easy... should try and go faster next time. :)
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby tricks121 on Thu 27/Aug/09 11:10am

1.35 for me and apparently I looked like I wasn't pushing it that hard ...

I shall put on my, good greif, I'm shattered face instead of a smile next time! :o
tricks121
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Half Marathons | Jogging | Lower North Island | Marathons | New Zealand | Regions | Running | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts