The Hurtfest Done Break Rik Good

Postby Tama on Sat 27/Jun/09 6:40pm

PXTed in by Tama at 6:40pm Sat 27th Jun 09:
Here's Rik after we've picked him up from the Medical Centre. Note the 1000 mile stare and service station food.

The Hurtfest has wrecked terrible vengence on Rik, well more to the point his clavicle - which is now in two pieces. He hit some gravel or ice at speed on the descent into Purau and went from vertical to horizontal to painland.

So it's everyone's friends Mr Codiene, Ms Voltaren and antibiotics for the road cooties.

Poor bugger :(
1246084807-27062009.jpg
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Re: The Hurtfest Done Break Rik Good

Postby slowMTB on Sat 27/Jun/09 8:20pm

Geez Rik, a would have just accepted a "I'll pass thanks" for the retro ride we were considering for Sunday ;)

Hope you get well soon, bummer dude :(
slowMTB
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby crazychris on Sun 28/Jun/09 12:51am

a couple of hot (usually lava hot with ice in it) pies from the service station will knit your bones and heal you faster than you can say "high speed icy gravel"
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby -Reaper- on Sun 28/Jun/09 1:57am

crazychris wrote:a couple of hot (usually lava hot with ice in it) pies from the service station will knit your bones and heal you faster than you can say "high speed icy gravel"

Fuck yes they will.
-Reaper-
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby j2hyde on Sun 28/Jun/09 8:58am

If only they made a roadbike that cornered like a motorbike :(
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Sun 28/Jun/09 10:09am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the odd motorbike has been known to slide out on gravel and/or ice too, haven't they? :eh:
Oli
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby TMouse on Sun 28/Jun/09 10:13am

Bah! Just attention seeking. Slacker!
TMouse
"Wuss on two wheels"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Lozz on Sun 28/Jun/09 3:33pm

hard bastard!! he was casually walking around and smiling afterwards too :crazy: +360 respect points
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sun 28/Jun/09 3:59pm

Oli wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the odd motorbike has been known to slide out on gravel and/or ice too, haven't they? :eh:

sensible people confine their winter motorcycling to speedway ice racing.

Also, rik: Kermit called and wants his jumper back.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby TMouse on Sun 28/Jun/09 4:01pm

Lozz wrote:hard bastard!! he was casually walking around and smiling afterwards too +360 respect points

That was probably due to some seriously good painkillers courtesy of Riccy A/H! He may not be quite so smiley today....

ouch!
TMouse
"Wuss on two wheels"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby danose on Sun 28/Jun/09 4:25pm

TMouse wrote:That was probably due to some seriously good painkillers courtesy of Riccy A/H! He may not be quite so smiley today....

depends on exactly where the break is - can range from 'oww that's painful' to passing out/agony/can't sleep.

Hopefully rik's is the former (like mine was) - fingers crossed rik for a quick and hassle free recovery! :thumbsup:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Tama on Mon 29/Jun/09 9:18am

TMouse wrote:
Lozz wrote:hard bastard!! he was casually walking around and smiling afterwards too +360 respect points

That was probably due to some seriously good painkillers courtesy of Riccy A/H! He may not be quite so smiley today....

Nope - that was directly after the accident and about 3 hours before the painkillers. Very impressed with how he handled himself considering how long it took to get him to the doctors.

Although he's still not as hard as Hoz who "set" and splint his broken leg in the middle of Tongariro Forest in the middle of the night (in the middle of winter) using manuka branches :blink:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Postby crazychris on Mon 29/Jun/09 9:20am

Tama wrote:
TMouse wrote:

Nope - that was directly after the accident and about 3 hours before the painkillers. Very impressed with how he handled himself considering how long it took to get him to the doctors.

Although he's still not as hard as Hoz who "set" and splint his broken leg in the middle of Tongariro Forest in the middle of the night (in the middle of winter) using manuka branches :blink:

I'm sure Rik would have if there weren't so many people willing to play mum for him. Snapped spokes off his front wheel to wire his clavical back together, but leaving enough behind to allow him to still ride to the finish line, then to A&E
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Mon 29/Jun/09 9:45am

Hell yeah. no one likes to DNF a race - I mean group ride. It was clean break on the left clavical about 2cm up from the AC joint. It doesn't bother me if i don't move it,so I don't. Not stopped me sleeping, mind the meds are giving me some weird ass dreams :crazy: So It not a problem.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby slowMTB on Mon 29/Jun/09 10:18am

quickrik wrote:Hell yeah. no one likes to DNF a race - I mean group ride. It was clean break on the left clavical about 2cm up from the AC joint. It doesn't bother me if i don't move it,so I don't. Not stopped me sleeping, mind the meds are giving me some weird ass dreams :crazy: So It not a problem.

Good to hear :)

So there is going to be two cripples on the next retro ride now aye :lol:
slowMTB
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Tama's Random Ramblings | Vogs - Latest Posts