Jess Stone Goes For Gold At Maxxis Cup Finale

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Fri 26/Jun/09 11:57am

Jess Stone (2Stage Factory Team) has to finish in the top 15 to take out the Maxxis Cup Elite Women’s title in Port Aine this weekend.

The 19 year old from Shropshire is on winning form in her first year of international women’s elite downhillracing.

Taking out second spot on the podium at all previous Maxxis Cup rounds this year, Jess is aching to get to the top of the podium and feels confident she’ll be able to pull off the title win.

Jess pulled off her best world cup performance to date at last weekend’s fifth round of the UCI World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia, coming in 14th place.

“I feel confident after my success I had in Maribor last weekend, so I’m staying relaxed and will kill it!”

In the run up to this weekend’s final Maxxis Cup event, Jess has been training with the rest of her 2StageFactory Team - Tom Deacon & Alex Powell, and preparing for racing at altitude.

“As we’re 10,000ft up, for me, altitude affects me quite a bit. So I’m going to be wise about how much I drink and what I eat to try to conserve plenty of energy for the race. There are not that many line choices, so it is just a case of carrying as much speed as I can and staying focused.”
Maxxis Cup rd1 in Gouevia.jpg
Maxxis Cup Rd 2 in Vigo, Spain in 2nd place.jpg
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

British Isles | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Europe | Mountain Biking | News | Regions | Slovenia | Spain - Latest Posts