Freewheel #34 And Enduro #12 Magazines Out Now

Postby Tama on Fri 19/Jun/09 12:48pm

I've just had issue 34 of Freewheel and issue 12 of Enduro drop into my P.O. Box.

Freewheel features a nice re-cap of the Australian National Mountain Bike Series with lots of photos of racing across the ditch and interviews with some of the top XC talent (if you want more downhill coverage best look for Freewheel's sister publication Clict). To mix it up a bit they test a bunch of townie singlespeeds/fixies and go freeriding in South Africa.

It's awesome to see that the Australiasian market can support a title dedicated to epic rides and endurance racing and Enduro is full of tales of pain, suffering, riding all night, hallucinating, and that feeling of release when it's all over and you can lie on the couch and dribble. Of course there's lots of race reports and reviews of bikes that I'd break.

Here's the blurb from the lads at Freewheel Media:
Freewheel 34
The latest Freewheel magazine has landed with more variety than ever. From freeriders in South Africa, to interviews with our fastest XC riders, to reviews of skinny tyred bikes, the magazine has it all. Freewheel 34 also takes a look at the mountain bike racing scene in Japan, features a bunch of gear reviews, and offers a photographic re-cap of the ’09 Aussie Nationals. On shelves now and with three different cover options, you’d be mad not to check it out.

Enduro 12
Enduro 12 has hit the newsagents in Australia and it’s one of our fattest issues ever. At 128 pages, it’ll be an endurance feat just to get through the magazine in one sitting!

In this issue we sit down with Aussie hard man Craig Gordon to see what makes him tick, check out the 2009 Aussie 24hr Solo Nat’s, travel across Australia and around the world to visit the big mountain bike stage races of the last few months, take in some trail riding in Wales and New Zealand and check out a bunch of other local and international events.

That’s only the start though – we bring you comprehensive reviews on bikes from Ridley, Giant, Cannondale, Iron Horse, Kona and Norco and fill plenty of pages with gear tests including a look at the sexy new Crank Brothers wheels, DT Swiss forks and new gear from SRAM. Exhausted? Grab a coffee because it’s not over yet. There is also fitness and training advice, pointers to have you climbing singletrack with style, advice for keeping your bike light and a bucket load more to get you excited about riding. All this is capped of with the big photo layout and classy design that makes Enduro the standout publication that it is.

We're offering a great deal for New Zealand subscribers until the end of August - the same price to subscribe as in Australia, with some great products on offer - see our subscriptions page :: http://www.freewheel.com.au/enduro/subs.html

You can check out the previous issues online here:
Enduro #10: http://issuu.com/freewheel/docs/enduro_ ... e_issue_10
Freewheel #32: http://issuu.com/freewheel/docs/freewheel__32
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: Freewheel #34 And Enduro #12 Magazines Out Now

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Fri 19/Jun/09 1:01pm

I've sent heaps of e-mails asking about subscribing... and never heard back :(
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby jo on Fri 19/Jun/09 1:05pm

I done have some copies of both at home I think. :)

Do you want me to give them a call on your behalf SC?
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Fri 19/Jun/09 1:09pm

Oooh - yes please! :thumbsup:
Scaredy_Cat

Postby jo on Fri 19/Jun/09 1:14pm

Done called and left a message.
Will follow up on monday. :)
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Fri 19/Jun/09 1:21pm

Thanks. :thumbsup:

You're awesome :rolleyes:
Scaredy_Cat

Postby LeMatelot on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:24pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:I've sent heaps of e-mails asking about subscribing... and never heard back :(

Just spoke with James Williamson, Editor of Enduro and Sub-editor of Freewheel, and he said to send an email to subs@freewheel.com.au
LeMatelot
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Nick_K on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:46pm

I really rate enduro.

I normally pick up a copy when I'm in Aussy. Have never been able to find it stocked at any magazine shops though.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Mountain Biking | Night Riding - Latest Posts