Re: Motorcycle

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Fri 16/Oct/09 11:34pm

Chickie wrote:DNA - nice ride :thumbsup:

Got it yesterday morning, rode it from dunners to oamaru. 'twas very fun. much nostalgia, to the days of ol' smokey (my last gixxa) which weren't so much of fond memories in a way.

Its in such awesome nick. recently the shop (ducati spares, dunedin wrecker) did $500 work on the carbs. that was until tonight. while i was out, the headlights stopped working. so i took it home with the plan of making the shop pay for repair, under warranty. apparently i didn't leave enough room for dad to park the car, somebody shifted it forward and it fell off the stand. i was so fucked off before, now my baby has a dent in the back left top corner of the tank, an a couple of gentle rubs/scratches. nothing much luckily. i think its fortunate that the Gsx fell on my mountain bike, which in turn absorbed most of the crushing force and saved it from hitting the concrete much harder :rolleyes:
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:32am

:) My SR needs to be registered to be back on the road - I'm sure with some 125cc stickers on the sidecovers it could pass as that for cheap rego.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:36am

cooper770 wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote::) Mmmm...motorbikes.

All I have at present is a Yamaha SR500 single roadie that I've had for 12 or 13 years that I'm slowly turning into a Brit cafe racer replica.

I'm rebuilding a Honda GB500 TT at the moment. :)

Ive been a rider since I was 12, when I got a Dot scrambler to race on the beach. From there I've had Vespa, Triumph, Norton, Suzuki Katana, Kawasaki triple (death trap!) RD Yamaha and just sold my MV. Kind of had to as the wifey was not best pleased with the idea of me riding now with having broken my neck once already :lol: No sense of adventure !

:( broken neck! Yek.

Wow, you've had a lot of bikes.

I really like the look / idea of the GBs too. I really like the 3/4 fairings but its strange how the less powerful 400 came with them but the 500 didn't.
My idea would probably be a GB 400 with 3/4 fairing and Yamaha SR500 (worked) engine :D
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:44am

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote::) My SR needs to be registered to be back on the road - I'm sure with some 125cc stickers on the sidecovers it could pass as that for cheap rego.

I'm pretty sure that you find that the CC rating will be on file at LTSA

HTH
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:46am

pushbikerider wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote::) My SR needs to be registered to be back on the road - I'm sure with some 125cc stickers on the sidecovers it could pass as that for cheap rego.

I'm pretty sure that you find that the CC rating will be on file at LTSA

HTH

I was joking...a bit ;)
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby Chickie on Sat 17/Oct/09 12:40pm

DNA - glad that you love the new ride
Gutting that the headlight stopped working and there is a dent in it :(

Took the Cagiva for a ride today and loved it .... wind - what wind = so much more stable that the scorpio

I was definitely very tentative but it handles like a dream :D
Chickie
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sat 17/Oct/09 1:15pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
cooper770 wrote:

All I have at present is a Yamaha SR500 single roadie that I've had for 12 or 13 years that I'm slowly turning into a Brit cafe racer replica.

Ive been a rider since I was 12, when I got a Dot scrambler to race on the beach. From there I've had Vespa, Triumph, Norton, Suzuki Katana, Kawasaki triple (death trap!) RD Yamaha and just sold my MV. Kind of had to as the wifey was not best pleased with the idea of me riding now with having broken my neck once already :lol: No sense of adventure !

I really like the look / idea of the GBs too. I really like the 3/4 fairings but its strange how the less powerful 400 came with them but the 500 didn't.
My idea would probably be a GB 400 with 3/4 fairing and Yamaha SR500 (worked) engine :D

you are better off working on the stock Honda motor. there are a ton of them round as well: they can be made to go out to 580cc relatively easily. The Honda has a 4 valve head so will brethe better than the SR particularly at higher revs. You need to machine the cases a little etc. cruise over to Kiwibiker.co.nz and search the forum for the thread of the guys who have modded them:there are at least two I can think of. The guy who owns the site has a maroon one. As an incentive, there is a picture of it with some asian chick, topless perched on it somewhere on the site. She shore is purdy.

The very first new bike I ever bought was a silver GB400TT Mk 2, in 1987. it had the fairing and single seat. there was also a 400 version with no fairing and the dual seat, and the 500. There wasnt much difference between the 400 and 500 in on-the-road performance, and they both handled very well even on stock suspension.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby thelivo on Sat 17/Oct/09 3:02pm

Chickie wrote:DNA - glad that you love the new ride

Took the Cagiva for a ride today and loved it .... wind - what wind = so much more stable that the scorpio

Thought i saw you today - somewhere near breaker bay?
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Chickie on Sat 17/Oct/09 3:09pm

thelivo wrote:
Chickie wrote:DNA - glad that you love the new ride

Thought i saw you today - somewhere near breaker bay?

Yip I was around there is morning :thumbsup:
Chickie

Postby thelivo on Sat 17/Oct/09 3:12pm

yeah i was on a bike going the other way, saw the long hair and the cagiva and thought there cant be too many of those around!!
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Chickie on Sat 17/Oct/09 3:30pm

he he - cool

the pink & white helmet is often the other tell tale sign it's me
Chickie

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 17/Oct/09 4:35pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
cooper770 wrote:

you are better off working on the stock Honda motor. there are a ton of them round as well: they can be made to go out to 580cc relatively easily. The Honda has a 4 valve head so will brethe better than the SR particularly at higher revs. You need to machine the cases a little etc. cruise over to Kiwibiker.co.nz and search the forum for the thread of the guys who have modded them:there are at least two I can think of. The guy who owns the site has a maroon one. As an incentive, there is a picture of it with some asian chick, topless perched on it somewhere on the site. She shore is purdy.

The very first new bike I ever bought was a silver GB400TT Mk 2, in 1987. it had the fairing and single seat. there was also a 400 version with no fairing and the dual seat, and the 500. There wasnt much difference between the 400 and 500 in on-the-road performance, and they both handled very well even on stock suspension.

The Honda engine is light years ahead of the Yamaha in terms of engineering but I really like the way the Yammy sounds and looks (re looks – the whole bike actually). It’ll give me the Brit café look I’m after :D .

There is a company in German that modifies SR500 engines to get 70 hp :thumbsup: out of them (road fuel). It uses a 700cc kit but still the two valve head. That doesn’t sound like much but when the SR500 was new they put out 35hp! :(
I’d be happy with 50hp.

I remember when the GB had just been released. My friend’s dad was going to buy a brand new Gullwing and the three of us went down to the local Honda dealer and there they were…the new range of Honda retro bikes.
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby znomit on Sat 17/Oct/09 7:40pm

Harley are winding up Buell
Can't say I like the look of the new ones but the firebolt is a bloody nice ride.

Buell Motorcycle Company officials thanked the company’s customers, employees and dealers for an unforgettable ride, following today’s announcement by Harley-Davidson, Inc. that it will discontinue the Buell® product line as part of Harley-Davidson’s go-forward business strategy. The new long-term strategy aims to drive Company growth through a focus of efforts and resources on the Harley-Davidson® brand.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/experience/n ... ws_id=1497
znomit
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Mon 19/Oct/09 5:16pm

coupla pics of the new boik.
P8010117.JPG
P8010118.JPG
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 12 years 8 months