Re: Motorcycle

Postby thorg on Tue 28/Jul/09 12:23pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:So we got a new photocopier at work and its really cool. does colour n stuff. I am experimenting with scanning and file conversion etc.

this is me on a track day last year on my VFR400
good head position :thumbsup:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 28/Jul/09 12:29pm

dicks-naughty-account wrote:That is a sweet photo. i can never get my budget digital camera to focus on the bike and blurr the background, which looks rad.

also, i too plan to own a VFR400 in near future. i hear plod don't mind restricted riders on 'em.

I have a spare one (road reg with rego on hold] with a full VJ22 RGV250 front end in it, complete in bits which you can have for cheap. the kicker is its in bits and I have no idea whether the motor runs. It looks as if it should run. I presently have waaaay too many projects and not enough time (and more than enough trackbike spares) that I would let this go for less than what it owes me.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Tue 28/Jul/09 12:33pm

One of the scariest moments I have had on teh road was on a VFR400 - :love:

I'm sooooooo glad i dont have space for one in my garage - or I would be offering you CASH right now you naughty man.
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 28/Jul/09 1:17pm

thorg wrote:One of the scariest moments I have had on teh road was on a VFR400 - :love:

I'm sooooooo glad i dont have space for one in my garage - or I would be offering you CASH right now you naughty man.

two grand. :( ive got photos somewhere... just saying. :)
Henry Dorset Case

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 28/Jul/09 3:47pm

was it raced? sounds cool, but dunno if i can be arsed assembling a bike that may not go :D
how many k's? post a pic. im up for anything at this stage really.
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Chickie on Tue 28/Jul/09 8:16pm

Very cool pic HDC :thumbsup:
Chickie
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby big_daddy_jj on Tue 28/Jul/09 8:25pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
thorg wrote:One of the scariest moments I have had on teh road was on a VFR400 - :love:

two grand. :( ive got photos somewhere... just saying. :)

Pictures could tempt people , (please post em or pm me)
big_daddy_jj
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 28/Jul/09 9:06pm

sick. a guy on trademe is really keen on swapping his 91 GSX-R400 for my fizz. he's put off by shipping though, i think he's just afraid of commitment. fuck i hope he pulls through :D
gixa.jpg
gixxa.jpg
dicks-naughty-account

Postby Chickie on Tue 28/Jul/09 9:17pm

Nice looking ride DNA - hope it happens for you
Chickie
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 28/Jul/09 9:21pm

Yeah, me too. haven't ridden a motorbike in a week now, my soul is dissolving. this is in welly, so if it goes through, somebody here is welcome to take it for a test ride for me :paranoid:

now i need to get off my arse and ring some freight companies.
dicks-naughty-account

Postby thorg on Wed 29/Jul/09 10:30am

dicks-naughty-account wrote:Yeah, me too. haven't ridden a motorbike in a week now, my soul is dissolving. this is in welly, so if it goes through, somebody here is welcome to take it for a test ride for me :paranoid:

O- o - oo!

I is in welly, and heading to Churchur on the 24th of Aug - I could ride it south for you - and then heading north again on the 25th - taking your back to wellers.

mebbe. :paranoid:

oh yea, and the rear tyre was flogged out at the edges before I rode it.
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 29/Jul/09 11:43am

dicks-naughty-account wrote:sick. a guy on trademe is really keen on swapping his 91 GSX-R400 for my fizz. he's put off by shipping though, i think he's just afraid of commitment. fuck i hope he pulls through :D

by the look of the girlie, she will be the one "pulling through". ooooOOOhhhh MEEEOW!

someone more crass than me might suggest that if he snaps some topless piccies of his girlie his sale might happen easier.

Why do you think thats a good deal? Is he taking the FZR as is? The issue is you are buying something you can't see, and havent ridden. Ive done the "buy it sight unseen off tardme" a few times now. Been bitterly disappointed once (that cost me over a grand) and adequately happy the other times. Once I was pleasantly surprised.
Henry Dorset Case

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 29/Jul/09 11:46am

dicks-naughty-account wrote:Yeah, me too. haven't ridden a motorbike in a week now, my soul is dissolving. this is in welly, so if it goes through, somebody here is welcome to take it for a test ride for me :paranoid:

http://www.biketranz.co.nz

not the cheapest but very good. Its about $400 one way from memory. I got the Scramler in Wellington and that turned into an epic and cost nearly the same (couldnt get a cheap plane tix so paid $140 to go up, bike and me on the fairy $120, by the time I had paid for airport transfer, breakfast, lunch and gas that would have been another probalby $100...... you see how it goes.

Oh and there are no unaccompanied bikes allowed on the fairies. so you have to trip over and back which takes at least six hours out of a day. ..
Henry Dorset Case

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Wed 29/Jul/09 4:12pm

thorg wrote:

O- o - oo!

I is in welly, and heading to Churchur on the 24th of Aug - I could ride it south for you - and then heading north again on the 25th - taking your back to wellers.

mebbe. :paranoid:

oh yea, and the rear tyre was flogged out at the edges before I rode it.

you say it jokingly, but I'd happily let you :D

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
dicks-naughty-account wrote:sick. a guy on trademe is really keen on swapping his 91 GSX-R400 for my fizz. he's put off by shipping though, i think he's just afraid of commitment. fuck i hope he pulls through :D

by the look of the girlie, she will be the one "pulling through". ooooOOOhhhh MEEEOW!

someone more crass than me might suggest that if he snaps some topless piccies of his girlie his sale might happen easier.

Why do you think thats a good deal? Is he taking the FZR as is? The issue is you are buying something you can't see, and havent ridden. Ive done the "buy it sight unseen off tardme" a few times now. Been bitterly disappointed once (that cost me over a grand) and adequately happy the other times. Once I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah i think he believes that its too good to be true. i think he reckons im the one that will want cash in the deal, but my bike is worth little over three grand. he only wants $2,800 for his in the auction, but being '91 and less than 46,000kms, i would have thought it would be worth quite a bit more than that. i saw an FZ400RR of 91 going for $5k recently for example, with fewer kms however. i recognise that i am buying unseen, but i can always ask someone around here to have a look for me ;)

also, when i bought the FZR, the guy told me he shipped it from Auckland to Oamaru for $250 with a furniture shipping company, just that he ran a greater risk of it getting pranged by accident i guess. I've just been buttering the guy up, because i can tell he likes the look of my bike... Fingers crossed at this stage really.
dicks-naughty-account

Postby thorg on Wed 29/Jul/09 4:19pm

I wasnt kidding.

If you want me ride down then ride back scenario - it's no hassle. I have a meeting in Hoki on 24&25 Aug. I usually fly into churchur the day before around mid day and cathc the arvo flight to hoki. i can ride the bike down that morning and still make the arvo flight. in fact work would probably pay towards the ferry cost to the value of the plane ticket.

getting back would be a similar story - back into churchur evening of 25th (or morning of 26th) - then back to wellers.

cost = petrol and whatever ferry costs work doesnt cover :-)

I KNEW there was a reason I kept all my gear :rolleyes:
thorg
"what blog?"

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts