1,500 Lumens Night Riding Lighting System For Only Us$1,179

Postby Tama on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:28pm

http://www.lupine.de/web/en/products/li ... /betty/14/ wrote:Distant and broad spread, butter smooth and even beam. Our good old Edison has a hard time trying to compete against our improved Wilma LED light. Betty is heads and shoulders better than our HID Edison. The age of High Density Discharge (HID) lights is finally over. What has been valid for all Lupine lamps, is all the more important for Betty: The know-how acquired over 15 years of lamp development and the experience of countless trips through the night. 7 LEDs burn tireless in the darkness. The new Betty can be mounted everywhere ? on the handlebar, the helmet or as a headlight. Future upgrades can be accomplished by anyone, even without technical knowledge. 7 Seoul P4 LEDs provide an astonishing 1500 Lumens, in a single housing, from 0.25W - 23W. Our lens for the Betty was customized and developed by Lupine; therefore it works with more efficiently than any standard optic. Our own lens design allows us to harness all 23 watts of beam and provide a perfect beam pattern, creating a most enviable portable lighting package. Our highly-efficient electronic converter always makes sure you get a maximum light output. The big sister of Wilma comes in two different bike light versions and one headlight set. All sets include our premium charger, the Charger-One in a nice CNC aluminium housing and with a digital display. Another highlight is the inclusion of a light weight and robust titanium front-cap for Betty. With Wilma, Edison found a viable LED successor and Betty outdoes and outshines them both.

Betty 14 the true light for 24 hour racers and night riders.

Buy here: http://www.asutsitrail.com/servlet/the- ... tty/Detail
Betty 12 B.jpg
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: 1,500 Lumens Night Riding Lighting System For Only Us$1,179

Postby Trail on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:36pm

Or you could just buy a quad blaast from Eric here in Christchurch for under $700 (Less than half the price of that system) which has about 1200 Lumens from 4x Cree R2 LEDs with single tri-optic for outright power... You could buy 2 quad blaasts from Eric, have more light than that system and still save money and keep the NZ economy ticking over.

Great product, not so great website http://www.nightlightning.co.nz/endurenz%20details.htm
Last edited by Trail on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby danose on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:40pm

Trail wrote:Or you could just buy a quad blaast from Eric here in Christchurch for under $700. Keep the NZ economy ticking over. Probably about 1200 Lumens from 4x Cree R2 LEDs with single tri-optic for outright power.

Great product, not so great website http://www.nightlightning.co.nz/endurenz%20details.htm

the quad is great - I've only had one decent ride on mine but it blew the old model (SSC) blaast away :thumbsup:

or you could wait for the DUAL-quad, which is basically two quads side by side in a double barrel arrangement, and which will shove out over 2000 lumens (suck on that you pesky germans!)

there was one of those lupines on tardme the other week - went for $850. Downside is the battery weight needed to drive it for any useful amounts of time (same will be true of the dual-quad - you'll really need at least a 6.6Ah!)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Trail on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:43pm

oops. I went back and edited while you were replying Mr Danose. Running 2x Quad blaasts off 2 different batteries (one bike mount and one helmet mount) would have to blow the Lupines well out of the water for a similar price.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby danose on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:45pm

Trail wrote:oops. I went back and edited while you were replying Mr Danose. Running 2x Quad blaasts off 2 different batteries (one bike mount and one helmet mount) would have to blow the Lupines well out of the water for a similar price.

also you could get the bar one with the optional wide angle lens

actually I should whack the blasst (which does have a wide lens set on it) back on the bars and go riding - that'll be just under 2000 lumens :satan:
danose

Postby Jim on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:50pm

Or, if you want that amount of light, ride in the day, simple. :sneaky:

Half the fun of night riding is not being able to really see whats going on.
Jim
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby KieranC on Fri 5/Jun/09 6:33pm

Jim wrote:Or, if you want that amount of light, ride in the day, simple. :sneaky:

Half the fun of night riding is not being able to really see whats going on.

No it's at least 3/4. Your lights are either to bright or you aren't going fast enough :) .
KieranC
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby RussS on Fri 5/Jun/09 6:54pm

sheeiitt - I raced a buggy down in Baja and I don't think it had that much lighting power :D
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 5/Jun/09 7:49pm

But are German lumen the same as NZ lumen ?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby znomit on Fri 5/Jun/09 7:54pm

They're a little whiter.
Spokes wrote:But are German lumen the same as NZ lumen ?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 5/Jun/09 7:55pm

znomit wrote:They're a little whiter.
Spokes wrote:But are German lumen the same as NZ lumen ?

And light with an accent?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby znomit on Fri 5/Jun/09 8:02pm

Ya

certainly brighter than the chinese lumens, though 10x the price.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby mfw on Fri 5/Jun/09 8:03pm

danose wrote:
Trail wrote:oops. I went back and edited while you were replying Mr Danose. Running 2x Quad blaasts off 2 different batteries (one bike mount and one helmet mount) would have to blow the Lupines well out of the water for a similar price.

also you could get the bar one with the optional wide angle lens

actually I should whack the blasst (which does have a wide lens set on it) back on the bars and go riding - that'll be just under 2000 lumens :satan:

Sounds like the tool for roadie night missions - 2000 lumens = 90kph down Evans pass no probs :thumbsup:
May even be enough to defrost the road too :D
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Jono on Fri 5/Jun/09 8:21pm

Yar - the lupine systems are damned fine. I'm still rather happy with the hope vision 4 that I've had for a couple of months :)
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby danose on Sat 6/Jun/09 8:38am

RussS wrote:sheeiitt - I raced a buggy down in Baja and I don't think it had that much lighting power :D

I though 4 * 100W (2*pencil 2*wide) rally lights was the norm for that - that's about 8000 lumens

if you're rich and running the 35W hid cibies more like 10000+
danose

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Night Riding - Latest Posts