The Most Expensive Chocolate In The World

Postby Tama on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:22pm

Strange what comes up when talking with Vorb Advertisers...

http://most-expensive.net/chocolate-world-2 wrote:Fritz Knipschildt is the architect behind the most expensive chocolate in the world and is sometimes called the Willy Wonka of Connecticut. He founded Knipschildt Chocolatier in South Norwalk, Connecticut in 1999 and brought his Danish culinary training with him. All of his chocolates are handmade artisan products using only the freshest natural ingredients, with no additives or preservatives. He sells a chocolate called the Madeleine that must be ordered in advance. The Madeleine contains a creamy truffle ganache made from French Valrhona chocolate blended with fresh cream infused with vanilla pods and pure Italian truffle oil.

This extravagant yet simple ganache then has a French Perigold truffle rolled inside of it and the whole thing is dusted with cocoa powder. The ingredients alone don’t explain why this truffle chocolate is the world’s most expensive chocolate ever sold. Mr. Knipschildt’s explanation for the price tag is the tremendous amount of work that goes into producing these chocolates. The ganache is whipped and folded by hand for a long time to make it as silky as humanly possible, and he even has to perform the hand rolling of the Perigold truffle inside of the ganache within a refrigerated room so that the ganache hardens ever so slightly enough to be workable. Each one of these luscious truffle chocolates has a price tag of $250, making the confection cost approximately $2,600 per pound in quantity.

The Madeleine must be ordered in advance, and each chocolate comes with a personally signed card explaining how it was made and a unique serial number. Mr. Knipshildt has certainly created the world’s most expensive chocolate confection, and it’s probably worth every penny.
expensive-chocolate.jpg
Knipschildt’s Madeleine
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: The Most Expensive Chocolate In The World

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:25pm

"Fritz Knipschildt" - really? That's kind-of a chocolate-y name...
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby Spyder on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:29pm

On a more affordable (and local for Chch people) note, try Xocolatl at 203 Fendalton Rd (block of shops at the Fendalton/Clyde corner). Small shop with only a few seats, but amazing chocolate treats and a wide range of chocolate (& coffee) drinks etc. Kind of "Chocolat" without the Pirates and sadly without Juliet Binoche( :love: ). It's become our local and it's only a little bit further than the slop houses at the mall :angry:
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:35pm

that motherfucker better be the size of a soccer ball is all I'm sayin'
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 5/Jun/09 4:40pm

You made me hungry! :(
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby IamTOAD on Fri 5/Jun/09 5:26pm

And i thought the Snickers I had today was good
IamTOAD
"It's not okay. Ever"
Member for: 5 years 11 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 5/Jun/09 8:05pm

It looks like a poo.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby chalky on Fri 5/Jun/09 8:26pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:that motherfucker better be the size of a soccer ball is all I'm sayin'

:lol:
chalky
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby cocoa on Wed 5/May/10 1:48pm

Wow!.. but I think this is very appetizing..Love to have this and share to my friends!
cocoa
Member for: 4 years 3 months

Postby cooper770 on Wed 5/May/10 1:55pm

cocoa wrote:Wow!.. but I think this is very appetizing..Love to have this and share to my friends!

so you make a profile and log on with the name cocoa.....your names not really Mr Knipschildsts is it?
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 4 years 10 months

Postby NZpushbiker on Wed 5/May/10 3:31pm

cooper770 wrote:
cocoa wrote:Wow!.. but I think this is very appetizing..Love to have this and share to my friends!

so you make a profile and log on with the name cocoa.....your names not really Mr Knipschildsts is it?

Yeah :sly:
NZpushbiker
"Life is short (think about it)"
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Postby onyabike on Wed 5/May/10 3:34pm

i heard chocolate can kill a dog?
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Trail on Wed 5/May/10 3:45pm

yup the theobromine that is in chocolate can cause dogs to die. Can do good things in humans however :eh:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby pissface on Wed 5/May/10 4:01pm

cooper770 wrote:

gosh no, the style of language and general nature of the post suggests that this is one of those "meaningless agreeable" forum comment posts that is also probably accompanied by an attempt to insert some sort of post code which is a hacking attempt, or else is a preliminary "good character" precursor to flooding the forum with spam.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby cooper770 on Wed 5/May/10 5:24pm

pissface wrote:
cooper770 wrote:

gosh no, the style of language and general nature of the post suggests that this is one of those "meaningless agreeable" forum comment posts that is also probably accompanied by an attempt to insert some sort of post code which is a hacking attempt, or else is a preliminary "good character" precursor to flooding the forum with spam.

or it could all be just written in greek...
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 4 years 10 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts