Calendar Event: October 31, 2009

Roadcraft K2

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Fri 5/Jun/09 12:11pm

http://www.arcevents.co.nz/k2cycle/content/

The RoadCraft K2 is the toughest one day cycle challenge in the Southern Hemisphere. It is also one of the most scenic and varied with the route traveling through sub tropical forest, pacific coastlines, rural farmland and the Puhutakawa coastlineof the Hauraki Gulf.

The event is named after Kuaotunu, an enchanting community on the wild eastern coastline of the Coromandel Peninsula. In Maori, the name Kuaotunu means “to inspire fear in young animals” ! The 2 represents the almost 200km that the ride will cover. By coincidence K2 is the 2nd highest, and probably the most difficult to climb, mountain in the World.

The event is also unique in that it comprises of four continuous stages and starts in a new town each year.

This years race marks the 8th anniversary of the RoadCraft K2 and this year the race will start in Whitianga and travel in an anticlockwise direction throug Coromandel Thames, Tairua.and back to Whitianga.
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Roadcraft K2

Postby twinshock750 on Sun 7/Jun/09 9:38pm

Thanks for reminding me I can't do it this year.....Loved it last year and thought a better event as a rider than Taupo. Less "traffic", some pretty competent riders.

I did 4.47 at Taupo and lost some form from K2 yet I was 60% of the way down the field at K2....

Will do it in 2010 again.
twinshock750
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Coromandel | Cycling | Middle North Island | New Zealand | News | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing | Thames | Upper North Island | Whitianga - Latest Posts