What Do You Think About Whilst Riding The Chairlift?

Postby Yogi on Thu 28/May/09 4:41pm

Found this the other day after seeing it ages ago at a Banff Mountain Film Festival night.

:lol:

Edit: Sorry, figuring out You Tube posting technique
Last edited by Yogi on Thu 28/May/09 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Re: What Do You Think About Whilst Riding The Chairlift?

Postby Butch on Thu 28/May/09 4:48pm

:D thats awesome
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 28/May/09 5:15pm

:lol: thats rad
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 28/May/09 7:19pm

:lol:
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby radiusq on Thu 28/May/09 7:25pm

Usually I fixate on the cable snapping. I try to calculate the odds of surviving a fall from the height of said chairlift. I wonder if the snow would break your fall, or do nothing at all. I then spend some time recollecting all the stories I've read about Alpine disasters. A couple of the big tragedies with dozens of deaths have been due to fires in mountain trains (which exist in Europe). For some reason this reminds me of something I read about Sir Winston Churchill. Apparently, he couldn't stand on a train platform for fear of jumping in front of the train. He wasn't suicidal, he just feared getting an urge to jump. He never did, but he avoided train stations so he never really knew if he actually would. I then start to think if I it would be possible to have a similar urge to jump from a chairlift. I then usually spend the rest of the chairlift journey trying to clear my mind of all thoughts.
radiusq
"Zing-a-Ling-a-Ding"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Yogi
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby chalky on Thu 28/May/09 8:01pm

radiusq wrote:For some reason this reminds me of something I read about Sir Winston Churchill. Apparently, he couldn't stand on a train platform for fear of jumping in front of the train. He wasn't suicidal, he just feared getting an urge to jump. He never did, but he avoided train stations so he never really knew if he actually would. I then start to think if I it would be possible to have a similar urge to jump from a chairlift. I then usually spend the rest of the chairlift journey trying to clear my mind of all thoughts.

:blink: I fully had that feeling the other day, I was standing on the roof of a building looking at weather instruments when I looked over the edge and started to think about what it would feel like falling all the way down, and found my self tense and almost jumping over.....wierd
chalky
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 28/May/09 8:03pm

lemings!!!
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Chickenman on Thu 28/May/09 8:13pm

shmoodiver wrote:lemings!!!

That's Lemmings.

Muppet :hmmm:
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 28/May/09 8:18pm

you called?
shmoodiver

Postby Chickenman on Thu 28/May/09 8:23pm

shmoodiver wrote:you called?

Nah, psyche!
Chickenman

Postby isnowi on Thu 28/May/09 8:27pm

Chickenman wrote:

That's Lemmings.

only in disneyland.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming#Myths_and_misconceptions
isnowi
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Chickenman on Thu 28/May/09 8:41pm

isnowi wrote:
Chickenman wrote:

That's Lemmings.

only in disneyland.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming#Myths_and_misconceptions

I was correcting his spelling, as opposed to confirming his myth regarding the aforementioned rodent.
Chickenman

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 28/May/09 8:41pm

Chickenman wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:you called?

Nah, psyche!

:blink:
shmoodiver

Postby Butch on Thu 28/May/09 10:35pm

radiusq wrote:Usually I fixate on the cable snapping. I try to calculate the odds of surviving a fall from the height of said chairlift. I wonder if the snow would break your fall, or do nothing at all. I then spend some time recollecting all the stories I've read about Alpine disasters. A couple of the big tragedies with dozens of deaths have been due to fires in mountain trains (which exist in Europe). For some reason this reminds me of something I read about Sir Winston Churchill. Apparently, he couldn't stand on a train platform for fear of jumping in front of the train. He wasn't suicidal, he just feared getting an urge to jump. He never did, but he avoided train stations so he never really knew if he actually would. I then start to think if I it would be possible to have a similar urge to jump from a chairlift. I then usually spend the rest of the chairlift journey trying to clear my mind of all thoughts.

Thats a tad morbid.

I often perfect my vacant stare into the middle distance while thinking about very little.

I'm getting quite good at it. :)
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts