Cycling Clubs In Whangarei

Postby bilbo baggins on Wed 6/May/09 9:26am

Hi All
I am new to the forum but moving to Whangarei from the Uk in August. I am a keen roadie and do a some gentle mountain biking. Am keen to get going with a new club or to meet like minded people to ride with when I come over. Any help or info very welcome. Just hoping my bike doesn't take to long to arrive..
Bilbo
bilbo baggins
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Re: Cycling Clubs In Whangarei

Postby Tama on Wed 6/May/09 9:33am

The Parahaki MTB Club is right here on Vorb: rez_display.php?c=221&mode=posts - they should be able to help you with finding a roadie club too :)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby thorg on Wed 6/May/09 9:44am

Roadie club = Marsden Wheelers, quite active and social/friendly bunch. bunch rides leave from Kensington Park fitness centre most Sunday mornings. Pop into Fat Dog Cycles, they will set you up with contact numbers etc.

MTB club = Parahaki MTB Club for XC and general stuff; Whangarei MBC for DH/gravity/DJ type stuff (though both groups work in together, share members etc etc etc, just different flavours of the same vodka). PM Quinster here on vorb and he should see you right.

or there is a Whangarei forum here somewhere (runs to find it)*

*Tama beat me to it :-)
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 6/May/09 9:48am

Go see Murray at Rocket Bikes, he will be able to hook you up. :)

http://www.rocketbikesnorth.co.nz/
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby thorg on Wed 6/May/09 9:53am

There is a rocket bikes in Whangas now :eh:

damn, i been away too long :huh:
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby neanderthal on Thu 7/May/09 1:12pm

Hey,theres some great riding here on whatever you're into,give us a call when you arrive and we'll sort you out with some rides and someone to show you around.Be careful who you take advice from especially ex pats from Whangas.
Edogg ,nice getup and are those shaved legs on a SS,shame on you,old SSers would turn in there graves,once we kick the bucket.Thorg you still in Wellington?
neanderthal
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby thorg on Thu 7/May/09 1:28pm

Ya, Welly be my home now. Keep thinking of getting back up to see how the tracks are running, and enjoying seeing all the building photo's you guys post up :-)

One day, I shall return. Or at least I plan to :blush: for a holiday at least.
thorg
"what blog?"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 7/May/09 1:49pm

neanderthal wrote:Edogg ,nice getup and are those shaved legs on a SS,shame on you,old SSers would turn in there graves,once we kick the bucket.

Wot?
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby konabob on Fri 15/May/09 10:23pm

Come see me at Avanti Plus. :satan:
konabob
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby bilbo baggins on Fri 3/Jul/09 10:37pm

Thanks for the info. Will be arriving 18th August 09 and in a motel for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately my bikes will not be arriving for 6-9 weeks after! I have a plan though as my o/h only has a hybrid so if I buy him a ATB and use it until mine arrive I might survive; kind of a present ! Just cannot imagine going all that time not cycling. Look forward to meeting some of you in person when I arrive. Bilbo
bilbo baggins
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Road Cycling | Upper North Island | Whangarei - Latest Posts