Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 1/May/09 8:20pm



This looks really promising. There's currently a demo in the Playstation shop.
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby Soba on Fri 1/May/09 8:41pm

The first Red Faction was pretty good, needed more actual destructable environments though.

I'm playing STALKER, has a good amount of interesting stuff and shooting for an RPG
Soba
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby Tama on Wed 6/May/09 8:31am

I downloaded the demo last night and had a very quick play this morning - great fun smashing things and the controls were super easy to get used to. It felt a bit like Grand Theft Mars with the added bonus that everything is damageable - I ended up shooting and smashing into building just to see what would happen :)
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 6/May/09 9:03am

Any idea how big the environment is?
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby Tama on Wed 6/May/09 9:08am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Any idea how big the environment is?

I only played through the first mission - which involved breaking into the baddies base, stealing a "walker" (a Mech like thing) breaking out of the base, putting it on the back of a truck, and then manning some sort of energy cannon on the back of the truck while getting chases by baddies.

The walker was heaps of fun, as were the remote charges and driving a truck through a wall (or two). The final chase was a bit silly - I'm blowing up piles of chasing baddies/ bridges/ anything I could see with the energy cannon and the baddies were still yelling "Stop the vehicle and get out now!"

Tonight I'll have a bit of an explore and see how "sandbox" the demo is.
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby NickCW on Wed 6/May/09 2:05pm

Soba wrote:The first Red Faction was pretty good, needed more actual destructable environments though.

I'm playing STALKER, has a good amount of interesting stuff and shooting for an RPG


Stalker was amazing, I reckon its one of the best games I have played in years (it needs all its patches tho otherwise the 'anomalies' extend well beyond the gameplay). Tired Clear Skies but it twas crazy buggy, will probably return to it after it has been fixxored.
NickCW
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby avantibill on Wed 6/May/09 5:00pm

You get to drive different vehicles in the demo too. One is quiet small and easily manoeuvrable, but is very easily blown up by the EDF. Smashing up the porto-loos is fun too

Has anybody Played the Wolverine demo yet? It is rather violent. It cracks me up when he beheads the guy with the chopper blades!
avantibill
User avatar
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby Tama on Thu 7/May/09 8:18am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Any idea how big the environment is?

It's quite limited in the demo. You only have one mission and if you try to wander away to explore it closes you down. The mission area is rather small (pretty much a baddie base) - however it's a lot of fun exploring what blows up the best and playing with the destructibility of the surrounds.

I :love: shaped charges on fuel storage tanks.

Not sure if it's worth the 700meg download though - but I certainly am hanging out for the game :thumbsup:
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby happybaboon on Thu 7/May/09 1:24pm

NickCW wrote:
Soba wrote:The first Red Faction was pretty good, needed more actual destructable environments though.

I'm playing STALKER, has a good amount of interesting stuff and shooting for an RPG


Stalker was amazing, I reckon its one of the best games I have played in years (it needs all its patches tho otherwise the 'anomalies' extend well beyond the gameplay). Tired Clear Skies but it twas crazy buggy, will probably return to it after it has been fixxored.

I really really wanted to like Stalker but I just didn't :(

I got to about two hours into it and some monsters or some shit were fully kicking my ass and I just didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to get through that bit. Sad.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby jnumbaz on Thu 7/May/09 1:57pm

happybaboon wrote:
NickCW wrote:
Soba wrote:The first Red Faction was pretty good, needed more actual destructable environments though.

I'm playing STALKER, has a good amount of interesting stuff and shooting for an RPG


Stalker was amazing, I reckon its one of the best games I have played in years (it needs all its patches tho otherwise the 'anomalies' extend well beyond the gameplay). Tired Clear Skies but it twas crazy buggy, will probably return to it after it has been fixxored.

I really really wanted to like Stalker but I just didn't :(

I got to about two hours into it and some monsters or some shit were fully kicking my ass and I just didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to get through that bit. Sad.


I think these dudes enjoyed the game just a little too much...http://englishrussia.com/?p=1945
Image
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 4/Jun/09 10:02am

It's sitting at 89% on Metacritic. Me Want.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... nguerrilla
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Red Faction - Guerrilla

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Thu 4/Jun/09 10:28am

this will be when I get a PS3, yes?

presumably they will package the thing up with the hardware and software to snare the fence sitters?
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby Muz on Thu 4/Jun/09 10:47am

NickCW wrote:
Soba wrote:The first Red Faction was pretty good, needed more actual destructable environments though.

I'm playing STALKER, has a good amount of interesting stuff and shooting for an RPG


Stalker was amazing, I reckon its one of the best games I have played in years (it needs all its patches tho otherwise the 'anomalies' extend well beyond the gameplay). Tired Clear Skies but it twas crazy buggy, will probably return to it after it has been fixxored.


It already is and has been for quite some time.
Install the latest patch - 1.5.07 or above are fine (I run 1.5.07 on purpose)
Install the CS Enhanced 2.5 community patch and you're basically playing the game as it should have been from day 1. Some of the game's artwork is changed, but it's all in line with the character and nature of the game and the gameplay itself is perfect.
Best CS mod of the lot.
re: the original - if you've got a grunty PC - try the "STALKER 2009 Complete Mod" :)
Muz
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby chalky on Thu 4/Jun/09 1:20pm

jnumbaz wrote:I think these dudes enjoyed the game just a little too much...http://englishrussia.com/?p=1945


Wait, thats not real is it :eh:
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Videogames: What Are You Playing?

Postby Muz on Fri 5/Jun/09 11:11am

chalky wrote:
jnumbaz wrote:I think these dudes enjoyed the game just a little too much...http://englishrussia.com/?p=1945


Wait, thats not real is it :eh:


You mean you don't take your video games so seriously that you try to recreate them in real life ??? - guess you don't know what you're missing then... :crazy:

If you want a laugh, do some random STALKER searches on Youtube - there's organized groups of Russian and Eastern European players who take those games a little too seriously for their own good (in my opinion)...I've watched maybe 5 minutes of their "re enactments" and they were very painful to endure.
Some times it's better just to not ask about something and accept it for what it is (even if you don't understand the logic behind it).
Muz
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Sifting | Video Games - Latest Posts

Who is online

60 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], oldandlazy and 55 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop