To The Tool Thieves Of The Redwood Forest

Postby Flyboy on Mon 4/May/09 8:34am

(the below assumes that the tools provided by Bike Culture at the shuttle drop-off in the Redwoods were stolen and not taken down purposefully)

Hi there scum-suckers.

yes you - you know who you are.
What sort of low-life would be so selfish as to destroy a wonderful axample of goodwill by a local bike store by stealing the tools they have provided for the good of all mountainbikers who either use the shuttle service or have the cajones to ride all the way to the top of the forest?

What disgusts me even more is that you are either a mountain biker or a forestry worker to have been up there in the first place and Im guessing your average forestry worker doesnt give two hoots about Park Tool cone spanners or allen keys.
So even worse, as a mountain biker, you have ripped off other mountainbikers for what? a couple of tools that were there for your use anyway?

It would have been worth you stealing those tools if the shuttle bus had arrived as you were finishing however. I would have loved to have chased you down the hill, along with 30 other riders to show you how we riding the shuttle bus on saturday morning felt about you.

I hope the biking gods curse you forever more, and that in a drunken moment, you let slip to other bikers what you did so that they can force-feed you an allen-key set rectally.
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: To The Tool Thieves Of The Redwood Forest

Postby Monolith on Mon 4/May/09 9:58am

That's a bit shit.

I thought the tool board was a great idea. With this and the sabotage during the NZ Marathon champs/Highlander the Whaka forest has had a rough month. :(
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Nick_K on Mon 4/May/09 10:02am

That sucks to here. Sadly another example of how if something isn't nailed down in rotorua it goes missing.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby ArjanH on Mon 4/May/09 10:27am

Its an unfortunate fact that if something is freely available to many sooner or later somebody will come along and take advantage of the good will. :(

We can only hope that this person has some personal pride and returns the missing items.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Mon 4/May/09 10:30am

Monolith wrote:That's a bit shit.

I thought the tool board was a great idea. With this and the sabotage during the NZ Marathon champs/Highlander the Whaka forest has had a rough month. :(

Sounds like it could easily be the same scum.
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby businesstime on Mon 4/May/09 10:34am

Oli wrote:

Thats a bit prejudicial isnt it ?
businesstime
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 4/May/09 10:37am

I saw the tool board / workstand for the first time while sifting during xterra weekend, and though it was a great idea

Nick_K wrote:That sucks to here. Sadly another example of how if something isn't nailed down in rotorua it goes missing.

sadly the tools were nailed down fairly well. :(
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby pinkmaggit on Mon 4/May/09 10:40am

Nick_K wrote:That sucks to here. Sadly another example of how if something isn't nailed down in rotorua it goes missing.

It pretty much was, chained to that stand. I don't understand why someone would do this? That was really helpful, could make some adjustments to your bike and all that quickly and easily.
pinkmaggit
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Mon 4/May/09 10:40am

businesstime wrote:
Oli wrote:

It's just what I believe, I'm open to evidence to the contrary. ;)
Oli

Postby campervangogh on Mon 4/May/09 10:47am

Redwoods Shuttle drop-off: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

:eh:
campervangogh

Postby dented on Mon 4/May/09 10:52am

:lol:
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby ArjanH on Mon 4/May/09 10:54am

Oli wrote:
businesstime wrote:
Oli wrote:

It's just what I believe, I'm open to evidence to the contrary. ;)

I think you are giving this person a bit too much credit. I find it hard to believe that he/she could sort themselves out for long enough to commit 1 crime let alone 2. They probably can't read either so posting here will probably fall on deaf ears.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Mon 4/May/09 11:01am

My reason for saying that is nothing to do with giving them credit, but that both crimes have been attributed by Rotorua posters to either mtbers or forestry workers - the possibility seems obvious that it could be the same person/group.
Oli

Postby pissface on Mon 4/May/09 11:02am

why just rotorua?

try something like that aournd wellington too, i guarantee it won't last
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby businesstime on Mon 4/May/09 11:03am

Oli wrote:My reason for saying that is nothing to do with giving them credit, but that both crimes have been attributed by Rotorua posters to either mtbers or forestry workers - the possibility seems obvious that it could be the same person/group.

haha you knob
businesstime

Bay of Plenty | Crime | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Rotorua | Sifting | Stolen - Latest Posts