Which multiple photo option sounds the best (read first post)

Upload multiple photos on the same page
78%
Upload a ZIP of photos
22%

Total voters : 9

Question About Upload Multiple Photos

Postby Tama on Fri 1/May/09 1:50pm

I've been looking into ways to make it easier to upload multiple photos to Vorb. There is two ways I'm currently considering:

1.) You can select multiple files on the same page when you are posting - but you'll need to open up a browse window for each file. example here.
2.) You can upload a ZIP file containing lots of photos and then click a button to have it extracted onto the server.

Both have their pros and cons #1 is more user friendly (I reckon) but will probably break on Internet Explorer and you still have to select each file from a browse window so it's probably only functional for a handful of files. #2 would give you the capacity to upload dozens of photos at once (say create an entire race gallery) but would require some work at the user end (creating the ZIP file)

Please vote in the poll and let me know which option you would rather use :)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: Question About Upload Multiple Photos

Postby phunk on Fri 1/May/09 2:05pm

Our microsoft sharepoint site at work has an option to upload multiple files whereby you browse to a folder and it has a tick box next to the file names to select all the files you want to upload, works real good. Dunno if that would work on here?
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby sifter on Fri 1/May/09 2:25pm

I think either would be OK for me, but I like the functionality you are adding :thumbsup:

Firefox has a nice image preview now when you select an image file :)
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Fri 1/May/09 2:29pm

phunk wrote:Our microsoft sharepoint site at work has an option to upload multiple files whereby you browse to a folder and it has a tick box next to the file names to select all the files you want to upload, works real good. Dunno if that would work on here?
That's what I originally wanted to do but I'm pretty sure what your doing is platform specific - that is it's Microsoft browsers on Microsoft operating systems talking to Microsoft web servers.

If I can work out a way to select multiple files inside the browser window which will work on the majority of browsers I'll definitely go for it - but so far no viable options have presented themselves.
Tama

Postby psychavoc on Fri 1/May/09 4:48pm

I would be less likely to post photos on Vorb if I had to create a zip file. I wouldn't even know where to begin creating one :blink:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Tama on Fri 1/May/09 4:54pm

psychavoc wrote:I would be less likely to post photos on Vorb if I had to create a zip file. I wouldn't even know where to begin creating one :blink:

You wouldn't have to create a ZIP file - it would just be an option. But I get where you're coming from :)
Tama

Photography | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts