The Breakfast Muppet Show.

Postby sidlomavpa on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:04pm

Did anyone else catch that muppet Paul Henry and his ill informed attack on the bag levy? He had that scammer Ken Ring on as well giving his usual torrent of ill founded opinion on the environment..

This Mr Ring (for those who have no idea who he is) is the author (is he an author if all he does is pluck numbers out of his arse?) of the weather almanac, which has been thoroughly debunked as pseudoscience of the worst sort. These three lines are taken from his very own weather site

It is the old principles of Astrology that we should be turning back to.
We are rediscovering answers about... the role that pre-Christian era astrology can still play.
there's nothing wrong with basic good old working astrology... it is about time the truth got told.

He is a scammer, his methods of marketing his rubbish raises red flags all over the place.

This is a good example of the just plain wrong pseudoscience he uses, this in regard to C02.

Ken Ring:"CO2 is also nearly twice as heavy as air(molecular weight 44, that of air 29)so it cannot rise anywhere beyond haze level of a couple of hundred feet."

Well sorry Mr Ring but... The force of gravity is too feeble to sort the various gases in the atmosphere (N2, O2, CO2, O3...) against each other by molecular weight. The molecules are being constantly mixed by turbulence and their Brownian motion due to their own kinetic energy, resulting in a perfectly mixed atmosphere up to a height of about 100 km - also referred to as the 'Homosphere' because it is well mixed. Incidentally a lot of the measurements of the gas composition in the atmosphere are made in locations of especially clean air on top of mountains (Mauna Kea in Hawaii) or on board of aircraft or research balloons.

Further silly ideas of his..

Ken Ring:"The seas cannot rise by impact from a warmer atmosphere above them. Hold a blowtorch over a pan of water and see if it warms up."

Water is most dense at 4 degrees Celsius. Warm it and it will expand as any plumber will attest to. In fact, if one would warm the entire world's oceans by one degree centigrade, the ocean levels would rise by half a meter world wide. The ocean currents constantly carry warm water from the tropics to the cooler latitudes, and ocean temperatures have risen with the global warming trend and especially in the tropics, have also contributed to a rapid destruction of our temperature sensitive coral reefs.

You're probably starting to see that there is a pattern with this buffoon. One of the biggest red flags he raises is that he always appeals directly to the media with his crackpot notions. He never voluntarily submits to informed review.

I'm not surprised he turned up on "Breakfast" it's the only sort of attention he can get now, he is not wanted anywhere else so now he relies on talking to people who have no idea whatsoever of the science underpinning his lies.
sidlomavpa
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Re: The Breakfast Muppet Show.

Postby MattV on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:09pm

Paul Henry's the man :)
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:10pm

Hur hur, "homosphere."
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby sidlomavpa on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:14pm

Rolls off the tongue easier than "fagsphere"
sidlomavpa

Postby jo on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:21pm

Mr Ring isnt worth getting your knickers in a twist about. ;)
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:30pm

would it be cruel of me to suggest that the sort of people who watch breakfast telly are the sort of people who might take lunatic protestations of astrology seriously. Slack jawed yokels, whose only goal in life is to consume and excrete, and never have to engage a higher brain function.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:31pm

The adventures of Mr Ring and the homosphere.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:38pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:would it be cruel of me to suggest that the sort of people who watch breakfast telly are the sort of people who might take lunatic protestations of astrology seriously. Slack jawed yokels, whose only goal in life is to consume and excrete, and never have to engage a higher brain function.

Cruel but quite accurate I think. :)
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby sidlomavpa on Tue 21/Apr/09 5:49pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:would it be cruel of me to suggest that the sort of people who watch breakfast telly are the sort of people who might take lunatic protestations of astrology seriously. Slack jawed yokels, whose only goal in life is to consume and excrete, and never have to engage a higher brain function.

I heard about it second hand and went looking for it... :p
sidlomavpa

Postby Dazzle on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:25pm

On Tv3 breakfast this morning, the presenter took to it hammer and tongs with John Key about connections between National and Big Tobacco. Twas rather entertaining.
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:29pm

I much prefer tv3 breakfast. Paul Henrys appeals to the lowest common denominator and frankly redneck views wear a little thin for my liking.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby sidlomavpa on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:37pm

Dazzle wrote:On Tv3 breakfast this morning, the presenter took to it hammer and tongs with John Key about connections between National and Big Tobacco. Twas rather entertaining.

Might have to have a hunt for that..
sidlomavpa

Postby happybaboon on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:39pm

sidlomavpa wrote:
Dazzle wrote:On Tv3 breakfast this morning, the presenter took to it hammer and tongs with John Key about connections between National and Big Tobacco. Twas rather entertaining.

Might have to have a hunt for that..

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interview-w ... fault.aspx
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby sidlomavpa on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:42pm

Ta!
sidlomavpa

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 21/Apr/09 6:44pm

Nick_K wrote:I much prefer tv3 breakfast. Paul Henrys appeals to the lowest common denominator and frankly redneck views wear a little thin for my liking.

I can't stand the braindead faux hilarity of either of the channels. I listen to Morning report. :)
E Dogg Capizzle

Sifting | Television - Latest Posts