Member for: 11 years 4 months

Re: What Is The Best Riding Light?

Postby RussS on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:25pm

For what?
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby ashesman on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:32pm

OK... for riding a mountain bike at night! Also used for track building so needs to last ages.
ashesman

Postby znomit on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:37pm

nightlightning
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby danose on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:44pm

znomit wrote:nightlightning

seconded - can't beat the support, huge output (go the quad) and mental runtime if you buy the big batteries (think the quad will do something mental like 9 hours on my big 6.6ah - on full) so perfect for those all night dig-a-thons

not 'cheap' but good value for money - and heaps cheaper than a Lupine
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby ashesman on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:47pm

Yeah Night Lightning is $399 for a three led light with 2.2Ah battery or $657 with a flash Li battery.
ashesman

Postby james on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:54pm

james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby D2 on Thu 14/May/09 9:32am

Has anyone any negative about AYUP lights from Aussie. Thinking of buying the double set to set up 2 bikes. Spent $400 on Topeak light 3 yrs ago which only last 1 hour 20mins & no where near bright enough compared to others at Bottle Lake Racing.
D2
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby psychavoc on Thu 14/May/09 9:36am

I've only heard positive things about the Ayups :)
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby ThingOne on Thu 14/May/09 10:02am

Ayups rock, just got back from a 12 hour race in Vegas, tons of light and the tiny 3 Hour battery was still going strong after 5 hours. (althought was turning if off through the pits for a total of say 6 mins per hour just in case), so about 4.5 hour continual use, but was still as bright without showing signs on fading.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Trail on Thu 14/May/09 10:07am

Lots of people like their Ayups. I love my Nightlightning Iblaast however.

Crap website, but really good product, really good product support and customer service. Oh and the workshop is not too far from the bottom of Bowenvale!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 14/May/09 10:48am

danose wrote:

seconded - can't beat the support, huge output (go the quad) and mental runtime if you buy the big batteries (think the quad will do something mental like 9 hours on my big 6.6ah - on full) so perfect for those all night dig-a-thons

thirded, although I'm a comitted ayup user, i have my ['clone of a NL"] triple that I threw togther for a couple of rutherfords [ inc batteries and charger :p ] and it still pwns most things on the trails.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 14/May/09 10:50am

slidecontrol wrote:
danose wrote:

thirded, although I'm a committed ayup user, i have my ['clone of a NL"] triple that I threw togther for a couple of rutherfords [ inc batteries and charger :p ] and it still pwns most things on the trails.

edit: my ayup is great as a headtorch as well when used with the headband option they do now.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby mahawauki on Thu 14/May/09 11:16am

ThingOne wrote:Ayups rock

Enough said, they really do and bang for buck you get a lot in the MTB package - extra batteries, dual charger, car charger, lots of mounting stuff etc.

I bought a set last year - definitely one of the best $550 I ever spent. I inadvertantly rammed them headfirst into a tree coming down Deliverance and they don't even have a scratch....
mahawauki
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby danose on Thu 14/May/09 11:19am

slidecontrol wrote:edit: my ayup is great as a headtorch as well when used with the headband option they do now.

you could get headbands for the Endurenz/Blaast (the old L-shaped mount with dual-lock) and I've seen the pre-production headmount for the new NL lights :thumbsup:

back when ayups were much cheaper than any other option they made sense (which is why we have a set - now used just for commuting where lightweight beats lots of light). Now they're close to the cost of a NL miniblaast/quadblaast with a decent li-ion battery they just don't do it for me any more (the NL lights are just soo much more powerful - plus have dimming and a proper driver)

go the kiwi product! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Night Riding - Latest Posts