Carbon Credit, What A Load Of Bollocks

Postby ThingOne on Thu 16/Apr/09 2:37pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic ... Z-in-black

First we owe a Billion, then 1/2 a Billion now someone owes us 1/4 Billion
Who "calculates" this stuff, it all seems pretty vague.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Re: Carbon Credit, What A Load Of Bollocks

Postby ants06 on Thu 16/Apr/09 2:38pm

Heard it on the news last night , proves what i thought all along......That the whole thing is a load of s***
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 16/Apr/09 2:46pm

It's a load of bollocks because you don't understand it? You're not really a thinker are you...
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Thu 16/Apr/09 2:59pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:It's a load of bollocks because you don't understand it? You're not really a thinker are you...

Like I said , get your own derogatory term for my clangers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Thu 16/Apr/09 3:04pm

There ya go. Bit more global warming=more drought=less farting agriculture=less food=more people dying from starvation=less people=reduction in carbon emissions.

Beauty.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 16/Apr/09 3:26pm

The larger change between the reports was new data on harvesting expectations of immature forests. This data is just one output of a five year study into the carbon stored in NZ's forests ("LUCAS").

Facts before rhetoric please.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"

Postby ThingOne on Thu 16/Apr/09 4:10pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:The larger change between the reports was new data on harvesting expectations of immature forests. This data is just one output of a five year study into the carbon stored in NZ's forests ("LUCAS").

Facts before rhetoric please.

How much real money does all that cost to compile..
I understand the principle, but there are too many variances/variables, my prediction is that most countries will just fudge it to show a credit
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 16/Apr/09 4:20pm

can I cash my credit in please, on a nice frame perhaps?
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Whoops on Thu 16/Apr/09 4:49pm

ThingOne wrote:http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/2337726/Drought-puts-NZ-in-black

First we owe a Billion, then 1/2 a Billion now someone owes us 1/4 Billion
Who "calculates" this stuff, it all seems pretty vague.

Yeah. Too complex to bother with eh? If something's hard, just give up.
Whoops
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby j2hyde on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:12pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:Facts before rhetoric please.

:lol: So, how's the carbon mitigation business going for you anyway? Saved the planet yet?
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby lil_bro on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:49pm

j2hyde wrote:

:lol: So, how's the carbon mitigation business going for you anyway? Saved the planet yet?

:lol: :lol:

I recall the ramblings of a geography student back in the my days at uni, carbon this carbon that blah blah blah, some VERY questionable science coming out of his mouth. Hopefully not representative the people working in this area... he had a pretty weak understanding of anything and made up for it with sheer volume
lil_bro
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby slowMTB on Thu 16/Apr/09 6:54pm

Does this mean if I sell all the Carbon bits off my bike it would help the economy :eh:
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 16/Apr/09 7:12pm

lil_bro wrote:
j2hyde wrote:

I recall the ramblings of a geography student back in the my days at uni, carbon this carbon that blah blah blah, some VERY questionable science coming out of his mouth. Hopefully not representative the people working in this area... he had a pretty weak understanding of anything and made up for it with sheer volume

I suggest you read further if you're actually interested in the topic, and not just happy to rely on 'the ramblings of a geography student" at uni.
Try http://www.hot-topic.co.nz for a reviewed list of some recent books
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 16/Apr/09 7:17pm

j2hyde wrote:

Just like you to smudge the context. This thread didn't start as a vehicle for you to show your apathy, ignorance and arguments based on nutty preconceptions.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"

Postby lil_bro on Thu 16/Apr/09 11:25pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:
lil_bro wrote:
j2hyde wrote:

I suggest you read further if you're actually interested in the topic, and not just happy to rely on 'the ramblings of a geography student" at uni.
Try http://www.hot-topic.co.nz for a reviewed list of some recent books

No need to get so defensive buddy. I haven't formed my opinion of the subject from the 'ramblings of a geography student', as thats what they were. Most of my opinion on this is formed by the typical gravy train approach to the science here, people are pulled into whatever the hot topic is at the moment, and where the money is. There must be some good science in the area, however sorting the chaff from what is useful is difficult.

Maybe if I can find the time to read up on it, I might be able to become more enlightened on the subject. However from what I have read in the past, there were far to many sweeping simplifications at work for me to be comfortable with it.

Infact I would rather see some of the funding for this work directed towards areas of research that can be of benefit to NZ, we have far to many other problems in this country that are struggling for money, and can make a REAL difference to the lives of everyday kiwis. Lets face it, the impact of reducing emissions in this tiny little country will have diddly squat effect on the situation.
lil_bro
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Environment | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts