What is your opinion of the product pop-ups? (mouse over a product)

They are useful and pop-up quickly
48%
They would be useful, but they are a bit random/ slow. (Please post your browser/ OS and computer age if possible)
5%
I can't see them
5%
They are annoying
14%
I'd like to be able to easily switch them on or off
10%
"Ten" by Pearl Jam is a classic rock album
19%

Total voters : 21

New Product Feeds Update On Vorb

Postby Tama on Wed 8/Apr/09 9:41am

Over the past few weeks we've been working on Product Feeds - which pull products from our Vorb Supporters directly into Vorb so you can check out tempting goodies at your leisure.

Yesterday we made a major update which means all available products are now browsable and searchable. There are over 3,000 products on Vorb from 5 online retailers. We will be adding more retailers/ products over the next few months.

Products are currently not categorised but we are working on that and will integrate the products in with the channels to make them easier to browse and the correct product appear with the appropriate content (road cycling product in Road Cycling). Note that using the site search will also pull up products related to your search terms.

At the moment you can check out Vorb Supporters stores here: rez_display.php?c=200&mode=stores

Or you can just launch in and look at all of the products on offer here: rez_display.php?c=1&mode=products&sort=random (there's no easy link to this - best to just type what you're after into the search box.)

Enjoy :)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Re: New Product Feeds Update On Vorb

Postby thelivo on Wed 8/Apr/09 9:47am

Nice :)
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 9:33am

I've added a poll as I've heard from some people that the description popups are behaving all funny like.

Mouse over the products to see what we're on about: rez_display.php?c=1&mode=products&sort=random
Tama

Postby rackerrack on Thu 9/Apr/09 9:44am

Tama wrote:
Or you can just launch in and look at all of the products on offer here: rez_display.php?c=1&mode=products&sort=random (there's no easy link to this - best to just type what you're after into the search box.)

Enjoy :)

Are you going to link these through to the stores themselves?or have i missed something?

Also why do I have to backspace to delete half your quote instead of left click select backspace?
rackerrack
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 9:47am

rackerrack wrote:Are you going to link these through to the stores themselves? or have i missed something?

You've probably missed something - if you want to go directly to the store there's the rotating logo on the left of every page or the text links at the bottom of every page. If you want to go directly to the product on the store's site just click the product on Vorb.

rackerrack wrote:Also why do I have to backspace to delete half your quote instead of left click select backspace?

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
Tama

Postby rackerrack on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:02am

Tama wrote:
rackerrack wrote:Are you going to link these through to the stores themselves? or have i missed something?

You've probably missed something -If you want to go directly to the product on the store's site just click the product on Vorb.

That works on the products listed under the vorb supporters part of the page but not the products above.
rackerrack

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:06am

rackerrack wrote:
Tama wrote:

You've probably missed something -If you want to go directly to the product on the store's site just click the product on Vorb.

That works on the products listed under the vorb supporters part of the page but not the products above.

That's weird - it works fine on our machines.

Argh... Inter-bloody-net Bloody-explorer - will check it out on IE.
Tama

Postby phunk on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:07am

Yep, no worky for me on IE7. How you must love microsoft :lol:
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:17am

phunk wrote:Yep, no worky for me on IE7. How you must love microsoft :lol:

Ham who's our browser-compatibility whizz has cunningly taken today off so I'm going to have to try and nut it out myself. :(
Tama

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:40am

phunk wrote:Yep, no worky for me on IE7. How you must love microsoft :lol:

Can some IE7 users give it a blat again? It now works on IE7 on my machine.
Tama

Postby rackerrack on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:44am

:thumbsup:
rackerrack

Postby Spyder on Thu 9/Apr/09 11:07am

On the Ground Effects ones, the product name is just a TLS. Others seem to be the full description. Is it possible to change this? Other than that they are good.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 11:23am

Spyder wrote:On the Ground Effects ones, the product name is just a TLS. Others seem to be the full description. Is it possible to change this? Other than that they are good.

We're working on that with Ground Effect :)
Tama

Postby nzmatto on Thu 9/Apr/09 11:38am

I'm not seeing any pop ups. When I mouse over the products at the bottom of this page they highlight, and I can click through to the site, but no popups seem to be appearing? I'm running Chrome here, and have popups set to notify but that is not happening either.

Ahhhhh.....just tried it on IE (6) and now I know what's meant to happen. :)

Glad they are not working with Chrome. Dont fix it thanks. Yuk. :crazy:
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Tama on Thu 9/Apr/09 11:46am

nzmatto wrote:I'm not seeing any pop ups. When I mouse over the products at the bottom of this page they highlight, and I can click through to the site, but no popups seem to be appearing? I'm running Chrome here, and have popups set to notify but that is not happening either.

Ahhhhh.....just tried it on IE (6) and now I know what's meant to happen. :)

Glad they are not working with Chrome. Dont fix it thanks. Yuk. :crazy:

It's a DHTML/AJAX bubble - not a horrible pop-up window.
Tama

Cycling | Site Announcements | Vorb - Latest Posts