Don't Jump Texco

Postby OAP on Thu 19/Mar/09 10:34pm

A Word of warning, went past Texco Jump in Vic Park and noticed the landing all dug up, looks like a digger has been in there and its a work in progress. Not sure if it has been roped off yet but the landing is definately out, heard second hand that a grom got axed on it yesterday.

dh_winner wrote:Texco should be up and going for NEXT weekend. I've got the digger sorted for next week. Don't try hit it this weekend.
OAP
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Don't Jump Texco

Postby johntus on Thu 19/Mar/09 10:56pm

Groms always get axed on it, that's no strange occurance.
johntus
"Dirt Farmer"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby OAP on Thu 19/Mar/09 11:02pm

True, thats a fair call :D

But not after some one else has been gardening on it
OAP

Postby dh_winner on Fri 20/Mar/09 1:46pm

Yep it has been dug up and the rangers failed to tape it off for a day afterwards. Someone came over it and broke their wrist apparently.
It will be shaped in the next day or so. Ill update when its done.
dh_winner
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby joshb_dh on Fri 20/Mar/09 6:23pm

haha sprained my ankle coz of that last night :lol: . didn't see the sign till i was exiting the berm before it :blush: very funny "o shit" moment. mates thought it was halerious lol :)
joshb_dh
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby palmerage2 on Fri 20/Mar/09 8:55pm

Lol i broke my wrist on it on wednesday, came really quickly out of the berm (bad day to try and achieve something new) and looked up and was like "o Sh*t", not enough time to slow down, hit it landed in the middle, bike stopped and went over bars, anyways, wrist in cast and no riding for about 6 weeks :( :( :( :( :(
palmerage2
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby dh_winner on Thu 26/Mar/09 1:44pm

texco should be up and going for NEXT weekend. Ive got the digger sorted for next week. Dont try hit it this weekend.
dh_winner

Postby slowMTB on Thu 26/Mar/09 2:42pm

palmerage2 wrote:Lol i broke my wrist on it on wednesday, came really quickly out of the berm (bad day to try and achieve something new) and looked up and was like "o Sh*t", not enough time to slow down, hit it landed in the middle, bike stopped and went over bars, anyways, wrist in cast and no riding for about 6 weeks :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry to hear that. Bit of bad luck aye. You will be all healed just in time for winter :(
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby lbbc on Fri 27/Mar/09 3:59pm

palmerage2 wrote:Lol i broke my wrist on it on wednesday, came really quickly out of the berm (bad day to try and achieve something new) and looked up and was like "o Sh*t", not enough time to slow down, hit it landed in the middle, bike stopped and went over bars, anyways, wrist in cast and no riding for about 6 weeks :( :( :( :( :(

That sucks, but do you ride around with your eyes closed? its pretty obvious that it had been dug up.
Must have been going so fast everything looked blurry or somthing
lbbc
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby palmerage2 on Fri 27/Mar/09 7:42pm

lbbc wrote:

That sucks, but do you ride around with your eyes closed? its pretty obvious that it had been dug up.
Must have been going so fast everything looked blurry or somthing

No but i had hit it the day before and had no reason to look, also my forks were playing up so took the time on the 4wd tracks to glance down at them. Basically the biggest blonde 30 seconds of my life lol :D
palmerage2
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Fatigus on Sat 28/Mar/09 10:08am

joshb_dh wrote:haha sprained my ankle coz of that last night :lol: . didn't see the sign till i was exiting the berm before it :blush: very funny "o shit" moment. mates thought it was halerious lol :)

dum ass
Fatigus
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby ashesman on Sun 5/Apr/09 7:43pm

Someone (probably some groms) have taken the signs and barriers down so they can jump onto the pile of dirt... So best look before you leap! Just because the signs are down doesn't mean the jumps a runner!!!
ashesman
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Wills27 on Mon 4/May/09 7:10pm

I went down ponos the other day to hit texco and the sign is STILL up...
When is it going to be open and what is the big dirt pile after it??? :sly:
Wills27

Postby dh_winner on Mon 4/May/09 8:01pm

it should be open. I removed the sign last time i went dow tere whch was a coupla weeks ago now.
dh_winner

Postby Wills27 on Mon 4/May/09 8:39pm

Maybe the ranger put it up because of the weather....
is the landing going to be fixed at the dig day on the 23rd???
What else is being done then
???
Wills27

Canterbury | Christchurch | Conditions | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Port Hills | Public Notices | Regions | Shuttling | Trail Conditions - Latest Posts