Pictures - Si Dh Champs - Mads Crash Images...

Postby TalkieT on Sun 15/Feb/09 9:55am

(Edit - I have no idea how to get upload photos here anymore... This links straight to my own site...)

Well, I have a _LOT_ of images to process after the Coronet Peak round of the SI DH MTB champs. However before I go through them all I thought I should put together a compilation of the images from Mads Weidermann's huge crash over the finish line on practise day.

Mads was just flying down the finish straight when for some reason he got catapulted over the handlebars and hit the ground very, VERY hard. It was the end of the day, and he was the third last bike off the hill. I had virtually packed up but still had the camera in my hand and inexplicably was tracking him down the straight (I hadn't shot anyone else there all day) when I think he lost grip on one bar and the front wheel turned, caught, and catapulted him forward. The crash seemed to go on forever and when he finally came to a halt just a couple of metres in front of me there were already marshalls rushing to him.

The last info I heard from officials was that he has sustained serious arm and wrist injuries possibly including compound fractures, but that fortunately his back and neck seemed uninjured.

Anyway, here's the images... I will be putting a LOT more images up on http://www.nzsnaps.com at some stage today after I have processed them.

You may have to make your browser window insanely wide to see it properly - here's a link to the image so you can open it in a window my itself:

http://www.nzsnaps.com/photos/473549725_gwaoT-O.jpg

Cheers - N
http://www.nzsnaps.com
TalkieT
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Re: Pictures - Si Dh Champs - Mads Crash Images...

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Sun 15/Feb/09 10:46am

Lol owned
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby scatter on Sun 15/Feb/09 11:07am

At the bottom of the field in which you post there are two tabs - Options and Upload attachment ;)
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby woodsy on Sun 15/Feb/09 11:47am

hmm 3rd shot in looks like the wrist getting fubared
woodsy
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby TalkieT on Sun 15/Feb/09 12:13pm

woodsy wrote:hmm 3rd shot in looks like the wrist getting fubared

Yep - although not officially confirmed I heard broken wrist and compound fracture of something else in the arm. Very nasty crash but seeing it in person I can tell you he was very lucky it was only the arm/wrist... His back protector was smashed off in the accident.

Cheers - N
TalkieT
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby onyabike on Sun 15/Feb/09 12:48pm

Nothing quite like a pedal in the back to finish things off! Hope you back on bike soon.
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 15/Feb/09 1:02pm

I think you can see blood all down his wrist/arm in pic 6 from the compound fracture dang

wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby woodsy on Sun 15/Feb/09 2:00pm

wachtourak wrote:I think you can see blood all down his wrist/arm in pic 6 from the compound fracture dang

yeah looks like a xtra bend between the elbow and wrist in the right arm
woodsy
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts