Mt Benmore Challenge 2009

Postby Helibiker on Fri 6/Feb/09 1:10pm

The Benmore Challenge race is back for 2009. The only helibike, downhill race of its kind in NZ.

The race will be held on Saturday the 25th April on Mt Benmore, just south of Twizel. For more information, download the information sheet and entry form attached or contact us on 0800 HELIBIKE, http://www.helibike.com.
Helibiker
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Mt Benmore Challenge 2009

Postby bugle on Fri 6/Feb/09 1:14pm

Sweeeeeet

Haven't done a heli DH since Mt Fyfe in the day!
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Benmore Challenge 2009

Postby Helibiker on Fri 6/Feb/09 1:34pm

The Benmore Challenge race is back for 2009. The only helibike, downhill race of its kind in NZ.

The race will be held on Saturday the 25th April on Mt Benmore, just south of Twizel. For more information, download the attached information sheet and entry form or contact us on 0800 HELIBIKE, http://www.helibike.com.
Helibiker

Re: Benmore Challenge 2009

Postby crazychris on Fri 6/Feb/09 6:52pm

This will be fun on a tandem!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Helibiker on Sun 8/Feb/09 4:31pm

Excellent, lookin forward to seeing you and hearing how Benmore compares.
Helibiker

Postby herbman on Sun 8/Feb/09 5:23pm

i take it the top bits will be covered in snow then?
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Helibiker on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:35am

probably not but if there is a Southerly the day before you could get lucky. I did a training run late winter and there was snow. Very tricky riding in snow and ice.
Helibiker

Postby Helibiker on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:37am

You will have to ride it up the hill, no room on the Chopper for a tandem
Helibiker

Postby Jono on Mon 9/Feb/09 5:08pm

bugle wrote:Sweeeeeet

Haven't done a heli DH since Mt Fyfe in the day!

And this one is a goody. I did it several years back, and it rocked. Rather a bit of pedaling on the flat at the end, if i recall correctly. And a small climb about a third of the way down.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby herbman on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:04pm

Helibiker wrote: Very tricky riding in snow and ice.

hmmm for some reason riding some of that top stuff in snow at the speeds that you can get up to up there doesn't full me with joy, walking off mountain ranges with broken bones sucks

think i will have to have a look closer to the time to see if i will try this race again. cause it is a great race and it would be fun to try and beat my time now i have a fully (38 minutes with some change and with out throwing up at the end)
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby fatbastard on Wed 11/Feb/09 6:22pm

Hi
Great to the the Benmore challenge back -but it is not the only Heli bike raced out ther -
From the same guys that bought you the Brake Burner we have the Fat Tyre Heli Chellenge off the Dunstan mountains by Cromwell on the 4th April.
Info on the fat tyre web page-
I would do both riders - you dont get a cheeaper Heli bike than this !!!!
fatbastard
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Helibiker on Sun 15/Feb/09 10:15am

Hey Fatbastard, thanks for the heads up. At the time of writing we were the only Helibike Race in NZ, the race you're talking about hasn't officially been announced yet, we offered to advertise all Helibike events for free but the organisers haven't asked us to put details on our http://www.helibike.com directory site yet. I'll get in touch with them and see what we can offer riders who want to race in both events. Keep riding down...
Helibiker

Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Shuttling | South Canterbury - Latest Posts