Wellington Shutle Day

Postby jonodh on Mon 2/Feb/09 8:31pm

hey me and my cosin are thinking of holding a few shutle days at the local tracks in wellington.
if we are to do so we need to know numbers. these shutles will cost around 20 dollars and will start at 10 and finish at around 7 or 8 and will be held in the weekends both on saturday and sunday . The tracks that we were thinking of were car parts, roller coaster and the track leading down into arro valley we were also thinking of mt vic. if you are intrested text us on 027 309 7277 or you can email me on jono.ross@letgodoit.com.
we need to know numbers and need at least six to hold these events.
jonodh
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Wellington Shutle Day

Postby Oli on Mon 2/Feb/09 8:40pm

jonodh wrote:hey me and my cosin are thinking of holding a few shutle days at the local tracks in wellington.
if we are to do so we need to know numbers. these shutles will cost around 20 dollars and will start at 10 and finish at around 7 or 8 and will be held in the weekends both on saturday and sunday . The tracks that we were thinking of were car parts, roller coaster and the track leading down into arro valley we were also thinking of mt vic. if you are intrested text us on 027 309 7277 or you can email me on jono.ross@letgodoit.com.

Bro, at least one of those tracks is illegal to ride so advertising your name and cell number on a public website that Wellington City Council workers read daily isn't smart.
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby starsandstripes on Sun 8/Feb/09 9:43pm

Oli wrote:
jonodh wrote:hey me and my cosin are thinking of holding a few shutle days at the local tracks in wellington.

Bro, at least one of those tracks is illegal to ride so advertising your name and cell number on a public website that Wellington City Council workers read daily isn't smart.

bro, harden up. none of those tracks are exactly secret... Last time i checked driving a truck up a road and dropping people off at the top is perfectly legal. Not his responsibility how they get down.
starsandstripes
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Sun 8/Feb/09 9:54pm

Bro, advertising shuttle days on illegal tracks can totally fuck up any chance we might have of those tracks becoming legal one day. If hardening up means becoming a fool who doesn't think of anyone but themselves, then no thanks.
Oli

Postby sifter on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:12am

You guys seen this thread?! :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92383&start=0#p2025512
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby -Reaper- on Mon 9/Feb/09 5:16pm

starsandstripes wrote:
Oli wrote:

bro, harden up. none of those tracks are exactly secret... Last time i checked driving a truck up a road and dropping people off at the top is perfectly legal. Not his responsibility how they get down.

:lol:
-Reaper-
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Mon 9/Feb/09 8:18pm

It always annoys me when I see masses of geared up riders spilling out of illegal-to-ride tracks. I'm sure it annoys other users too, especially the legitimate ones. People who facilitate such 'events' worsen relationships between mtbrs and the public and council. Don't be a fool jonodh, think of other riders who your actions affect.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"

Postby wachtourak on Mon 9/Feb/09 8:29pm

lolgasmic thread
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby bevsta on Mon 9/Feb/09 9:40pm

How do we know if they are legal
bevsta
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby -Reaper- on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:37pm

There will be information on WCC's website about all the sites available for mountain biking in the wellington region. As a *loose* general rule of thumb, you should probably only ride on public land where the council has deemed it appropriate. You can go nuts on private property if you have permission, eg long gully.
-Reaper-
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Shuttling | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts