Denton Park Track Racing Thread

Postby Fergie on Wed 21/Jan/09 10:09pm

Had my arse handed to me royally at track tonight. Played it safe riding in A grade and took a pasting. Michael Vink won everything although he had to resort to dodgy tactics in the Devil to push me back. That makes us 1-1 for the Devils we had ridden together this season :p

Good turn out and good hard racing in most grades.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Denton Park Track Racing Thread

Postby Fergie on Sun 25/Jan/09 8:46pm

After simmering at HQ in the heat all day thought better of racing. Wise move as wee Josh Atkins and big Mike Vink were dealing out the hurt down the track. Darren Shea was showing some speed as well while Liz Steel was aggressive in the women's races although was nearly rolled by her younger sister Victoria in the feature event.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."

Re: Denton Park Track Racing Thread

Postby Fergie on Wed 18/Feb/09 10:47pm

A good nights racing. WORLD CHAMPION Hayden Godfrey (in case anyone was wondering if he just likes Rainbows) cleaned up most of the night with Michael Vink nipping at his heels most of the way. Liz Steel was impressive taking out all the women's events and riding a very fast 450m scratch race just missing out on the A grade final and rolling some good men in her heat.

Great to see a few comebacks. Mark Ogle a former U17 and U19 NZ Champ was on awesome form winning two races. John Rastrick made an appearance. Only room for one Master Fattie at a time (I mean the straights are only so wide) so lucky our path's didn't cross. Good to see James McCoy and Daniel Barry having a go. More roadies taking advantage of the lift in speed and the opportunity to practice sprint tactics several times a night.

Wasn't go to say but Hash said I should mention that I rolled Josh Atkins in the Devil. Despite numerous guys chopping me when I had the racing line. For shame guys, cheating and Hash still rolled you all from the front with class!!! We have had a pretty safe season and it was noted that the Canterbury Track Champs were crash free (who was that masked Commissaire???). Plus expect strict refereeing at Nationals. Be terrible to lose a title for something as dumb as not holding your line or entering the racing lane when someone is already there!

Woot, just downloaded my files, new power PB for 2000m in my warm up.
Fergie

Cycling | Track Cycling - Latest Posts