Trials Stockists In Akl?

Postby NZsquigg on Tue 13/Jan/09 12:07pm

Does anyone know of a store in Auckland that stocks trials bikes I could have a quick ride on? Looking at getting a dedicated trials bike and thought I better have a ride of a few first.
NZsquigg
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Re: Trials Stockists In Akl?

Postby konaking on Tue 13/Jan/09 12:39pm

hey mate iv got a trials bike for sale on trade me at the moment
konaking
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby NZsquigg on Tue 13/Jan/09 1:19pm

Is that the onza comp? Bit more than im wanting to spend (unrealistic i know) and you can get them off tarty bikes for around 1200 NZD
NZsquigg

Postby konaking on Wed 14/Jan/09 8:08am

umm no its not that one ill give u a link soon
konaking
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby JohnnyC on Wed 14/Jan/09 9:45pm

Don't think I've ever heard "Trials" and "stockist" in the same sentence before!!

You're best to check out here http://www.biketrial.co.nz/ or look through the second hand bikes on here, there is the odd one or two. Try biketrial.co.nz or search this site to find someone near you who might let you have a ride.

Have you ridden much trials before?
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby NZsquigg on Wed 14/Jan/09 9:52pm

Nothing apart from the odd rock or trying to balance on the back wheel in my yard :blush:

Im not even sure if "stockist" is a read word :p

But yea im just wanting to see if a trials bike really does make that much of a difference?
NZsquigg

Postby am-i-bothered on Fri 16/Jan/09 10:01pm

look on trademe, if your lucky you will get a good deal. Once you get hooked on trials riding you will like it alot :)
am-i-bothered
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 17/Jan/09 10:51am

NZsquigg wrote:Nothing apart from the odd rock or trying to balance on the back wheel in my yard :blush:

But yea im just wanting to see if a trials bike really does make that much of a difference?

You're probably best using whatever bike you have, lower the seat right down, put flat pedals on and learn all the basics like bunnyhops and trackstands.

If you're just starting out, a trials bike isn't really any easier, in fact they feel pretty awkward if you don't have much experience with trials.
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby NZsquigg on Sat 17/Jan/09 11:02am

JohnnyC wrote:
NZsquigg wrote:Nothing apart from the odd rock or trying to balance on the back wheel in my yard :blush:

You're probably best using whatever bike you have, lower the seat right down, put flat pedals on and learn all the basics like bunnyhops and trackstands.

Done, done and done. Seat always was down, never had anything else and highest to date is still only 17.5"
NZsquigg

Auckland | Auckland Region | Cycling | New Zealand | Regions | Trials | Upper North Island - Latest Posts