Re: Miramar Track Project

Postby Grant on Mon 22/Jun/09 8:34am

SlackBoy wrote:And just for Grant (not for guys like the hippy, jono or me obviously), but a nice wee tabletop type jump and some rollers planned in the top. Even Ben would be able to roll over this one

Even Ben :ib: :blink:
Grant
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 22/Jun/09 9:46am

Grant wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:And just for Grant (not for guys like the hippy, jono or me obviously), but a nice wee tabletop type jump and some rollers planned in the top. Even Ben would be able to roll over this one

Even Ben :ib: :blink:
WEll, he should be able to walk over it at least
SlackBoy
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby Grant on Fri 26/Jun/09 1:19pm

There will be a bit of work going on at the lower entrance* to "Conviction" tomorrow. I'll be there putting the bridge together from around 2pm and there are a number of areas close by that are in need of work prior to gravelling... more the merrier :)

*Top end of Darlington Rd
Grant

Postby benw on Mon 29/Jun/09 7:01am

Great progress on the weekend. Grant, Mike and I put the wood surface on the bridge at the Darlington Road entrance and filled in the approaches so you can ride up to it. Fully usable now, just take it easy as it's always going to be a tad on the slippery side (mud) until we get the approaches graveled.

And yesterday Ricky put a huge 6 hour effort into new length of track at the bottom of 'Boot Leg'. Thanks too to Alan who was there in the morning when Ricky arrived and then Grant and I wandered up later in the day for a couple of hours.

Also great to see a bunch of people out walking the tracks too while we were out there.

The work is going to keep on going on those switchbacks as there is a good amount of work to finish them, keep an eye on this thread if you'd like to join in. The next official work party will be the planting at the end of July...I'll finalise the delivery date for the plants with the WCC date this week.

ben
benw
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Grant on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:29am

Huge thanks to Tony from E-Build for the supply of the timber decking too :)
untitled.jpg
Grant

Postby Oli on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:42am

Awesome work, guys! Thanks heaps! :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Mon 29/Jun/09 10:09am

looks mint! , although carrying a bike and doing the tight rope thing on the bearers was kinda fun ,its would have only been a matter time....

i managed to finish off a bit more marking out to the road , ranout of flags to over that last knowl to the bus stop.
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Grant on Wed 15/Jul/09 5:01pm

Just a reminder that we have a tree planting day organised for the 26th of July. Ben’s ordered a national park’s worth of trees so any help would be much appreciated.

Come along and check out the trails...plant a few trees...that’s pretty much it.
Grant

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 22/Jul/09 4:58pm

sometimes in the weekends I just like to dig
MTPBenchDH.jpg
MTPDHBERM2.jpg
MTPDHBERM3.jpg
MTPDHBERM.jpg
SlackBoy

Postby Grant on Wed 22/Jul/09 5:24pm

Luks Gud :exclaim: Whereabouts is piccy 1 taken from?
Grant

Postby Conners on Wed 22/Jul/09 5:27pm

Are you riding everywhere on the Sundae these days Ricky??
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 22/Jul/09 5:51pm

Grant wrote:Luks Gud :exclaim: Whereabouts is piccy 1 taken from?
2 corners below the rock wall on the Dh track.
Im'about to head up into the night for some moar earth moving and sculpting.

And conners, not everywhere......quite. but lots. It's fun. And I can ride it all the way up the road to the top of the hill. Which I even did on sat to the windturbine. Althought, that did hurt somewhat
SlackBoy

Postby its that guy on Wed 22/Jul/09 7:32pm

a DH track??looks good to me :D i went there for a look around and you guys are going good..when do you dig? i might get off my couch for a hour or two..
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Grant on Wed 22/Jul/09 7:53pm

its that guy wrote:a DH track??looks good to me :D i went there for a look around and you guys are going good..when do you dig? i might get off my couch for a hour or two..

On sunday we're digging about 500 little holes and then filing them with plants :sly:

Grant wrote:Just a reminder that we have a tree planting day organised for the 26th of July. Ben’s ordered a national park’s worth of trees so any help would be much appreciated.

Come along and check out the trails...plant a few trees...that’s pretty much it.
Grant

Postby its that guy on Wed 22/Jul/09 8:04pm

Could i disappear and work on the berms and the general track? im good at fiddling.. :D .
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Building | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts