Chain Reaction Cycles

Postby string_man on Sun 4/Jan/09 2:25pm

hey was wondering if any of you guys have delt with
chain reaction cycles inthe uk they got some awsome products and
am wanting to order some stuff
whats the service like?
whats the shipping like to nz? how long does it take?
are they easy to deal with?
has anyone had any problems with them?
cheers
string_man
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Screwface on Sun 4/Jan/09 2:33pm

service is a bit shit, shipping usually takes between one and 2 weeks depending if customs get their hands on it (which happens about half of the time - they make you pay gst on it before you can get it)

but

wicked selection and prices, i get most of my stuff there - about 8 large orders in the last 18 months. make sure you spend the $700 so you get free postage
Screwface
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby rory161192 on Sun 4/Jan/09 2:38pm

i am a very loyal crc customer, whilst back in england i ordered a package on the day before christmas, turned up 3 days later. shipping to here is usually 1 week for me, which isnt bad. gofor it, highly recommended.
rory161192
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby XCrider on Sun 4/Jan/09 2:50pm

Yeah really good service, i got a disc brake set and the front one had a rotor missing. They sent it out straight away no probs. And ive had good service since. :thumsbup:
XCrider
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Sun 4/Jan/09 2:54pm

Screwface wrote: service is a bit shit, shipping usually takes between one and 2 weeks depending if customs get their hands on it (which happens about half of the time - they make you pay gst on it before you can get it)

but

wicked selection and prices, i get most of my stuff there - about 8 large orders in the last 18 months. make sure you spend the $700 so you get free postage

Gst only comes into it you you spend over 400 nz also, anything under that is all good.
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby string_man on Sun 4/Jan/09 4:16pm

do they send you an email about gst?
string_man

Postby I-LOVE-DIRT on Sun 4/Jan/09 4:26pm

Free shipping on orders over $650

And GST is only on big order over like $1000

Caz i brought $700 worth of stuff and there was no GST ae

;)
I-LOVE-DIRT
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby string_man on Sun 4/Jan/09 4:30pm

im planning on buying something over 2000 so i will have to pay gst
do they contact you when it hits customs
string_man

Postby Wobbler on Sun 4/Jan/09 4:36pm

I-LOVE-DIRT wrote: Free shipping on orders over $650

And GST is only on big order over like $1000

Caz i brought $700 worth of stuff and there was no GST ae

;)

Wrong, you can get pinged on gst for any order over 400 dollars, there seems to be a bit of a lucky dip if you get pinged or not. This has been covered approx 400 trillion times on here.

string_man wrote: im planning on buying something over 2000 so i will have to pay gst

you get a letter in the mail
Wobbler

Postby string_man on Sun 4/Jan/09 4:56pm

cheers mate
string_man

Postby HuntawayFR on Sun 4/Jan/09 6:07pm

string_man wrote: im planning on buying something over 2000 so i will have to pay gst

you will get a letter from customs to the same address as the delivery for CRC, they have an 0800 number you can call, & a customs id number for your package, they are really efficent, pay the gst amount with your credit card, & they release it straight away.

I got a letter from customs NZ for my CRC package, $100 gst, payed that day over the phone, & it was delivered to my door the next day :thumbsup:
HuntawayFR
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby konaking on Sun 4/Jan/09 6:26pm

and the wheels they build are fucking mint as built up by them
konaking
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby tony_11 on Sun 4/Jan/09 7:21pm

I used to deal with these guys when i lived in the UK. Service is second to none and still is even though I'm on the other side of the world.
My only issue is their shipping costs. My wife bought some shoes and pedals a few weeks ago and the P&P was pretty high as opposed to Probikekit.com that have a $9.99 shipping charge to NZ on certain products at the moment.
tony_11
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Sun 4/Jan/09 7:35pm

CRC defaults its shipping to parcel force now instead of royal mail like it used to. My shipping on a set of goggles and some lenses went from 70 to 25 by changing it.
Wobbler

Postby FST4RD on Sun 4/Jan/09 7:55pm

I used them a few times, normally get a couple mates together to buy stuff and then split the shipping.
One time I bought the bottom of the range sigma computer cause it had everything I wanted according to the discription, paid peanuts for it. When it turned up it didn't do what I wanted and discovered they had put the discription for the top one in the bottom ones ad!
One email to CRC, sent it back, they refunded postage and sent the top one out for no extra charge! How awesome is that! Plus I asked them if they would charge my credit card, send me out a thomson seatpost for no extra shipping with the computer and they said that's fine :)
Highly recommend!
FST4RD
"He blew his mind out in a car...."
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts