Angry Scotsman New To Forums :d

Postby Nismology on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:22am

Evening all, well where to start. I'm ryan, aka Scotty or Scotch by the mates as Scotland is my home country, been here for 4 years in the quiet little town of gisborne, its pretty boring, on my way up to The Tron next may :D

Currently riding an 04 model Saracen DirtTrax i brought over from the UK, recently upgraded with Rock Shox Dart 2 forks, Amoeba Scud DH bars, DMR V12 Mag pedals, DMR Heastock stem, and Diatech cable rear disc with 8'' wavy rotor (no front brake here, still stuck in my BMX mindset haha). Will be swapping everything minus the tired Alivio/Acera groupset and shitty square-taper Truvativ cranks over to my other frame, which is a cheapshit Avanti Atomic, but it was the smallest frame the shop had and it was $100 so i aint complaining :D Anyways, cant think of much else to say, so yeah...
Nismology
"Some smoke Marlboro, others Rothmans... I prefer Nankangs, 2 at a time."
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Kazmeistyr on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:26am

Look, someone has to ask, so it might as well be me, better to rid of the question as early as possible...

So, are you an angry, fanta-panted, tight-fisted bugger?
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Nismology on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:31am

Faaark no haha, im just a drunken, dark haired, young hoon with a taste in music that scares the shite out of most people , someone with a bit of a tendancy for being far too loud when its innapropriate etc etc. :D

As for tight fisted? Hell no, i always buy the rounds at the pub, and i spend a shitload on both cars and my bike (note: bike is the only thing thats in half decent condition and is actually USABLE).
Nismology

Postby j2hyde on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:32am

Welcome to vorb. To get in the spirit of things I suggest you start a thread where you post pictures of your bike leaning against posts and perhaps trees. Talk about the suspension lots and never ever provide evidence that you actually ride it. It's kind of a tradition, sort of
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:34am

Secondly, NEVER take any advice from anyone. :paranoid:

Now, go and look at Photochopped John, and have a giggle.
Kazmeistyr

Postby Nismology on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:37am

Now, if i actually had a camera that i wouldnt break id happily pick a tree to lean the crusty old girl up against and take some pics, maybe one day...

And theres nothing impressive about Dart2's, a whole 100mm of preload adjustable travel, oh, and these are the non-lockout ones too. :hmmm:
Nismology

Postby Kazmeistyr on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:40am

As long as you have two wheels and some doo-dackies that allow them to be propelled, who gives a shite?
Kazmeistyr

Postby Nismology on Thu 6/Nov/08 12:47am

Very good point :thumbsup:

They do the job i suppose.
Nismology

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts